How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

KA24E%20CAN-AM%201.jpg

So the way I'm reading this means the ones that have a pin number means i want to hook up the relay block to the end of the wire going into the ECU and the ones that just have the item (example: brown - A.A.C. valve) i want to hook up the relay block to the end of the wire going to the sensor/valve/whatever on the engine? because those ones also go into the ECU and when I cut the wire I have 2 ends to chose from....thats where I get lost...

if I'm assuming everything correctly the ECU never sees the air regulator, A.A.C. valve or ground wire?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never cut the wires going into the ECU. There are two plugs that have all the "good wires" that don't plug into the engine. Splice everything there. Don't cut anything from the ECU.

• Like 1

You don't need to un-wrap the harness.. and don't start cutting wires!!! ... if it's actually a COMPLETE harness it should be easy(ish)

Take a picture of the complete harness layed out on the floor ... I'm shure someone here will know exactly which plugs have the good wires

You are most likely looking for 2 green relays .... or two bright green plugs where the relays used to be (one with blk/pnk one with red wires)

awesome. found them! glad I have 2 harnesses haha. ones attached to all the sensors on the engine and ones loose. both uncut, it made much more sense when looking at the one on my floor rather than in the car.

thanks for the help guys. sorry if these questions have already been covered. I'm running on empty over here. been working on the car day in day out. gotta get it on the road to move, my lease started on the first and junior's gotta get me there :P

ps, it was these two

39f2f13f.jpg

thanks again

alright Ill check. if they do tie into eachother should I connect them both to the relay block or just one....I guess it doesn't really make a difference...

edit: they do tie in to eachother. they didn't when I first checked and it confused the shit out of me then I thought for a second, plugged the ecu into the harness and all of a sudden...continuity...haha bit of a derp moment but I got past it :P

again...thanks guys

okay tried to fire it up today and i've got almost everything situated, but i'm not getting a spark. does anyone know which wire on the 2 coil plugs is the power wire? i've got white, black, light green/black on the plug that goes into the pickup and light green/black, black/red on the one that goes into the coil plus a black one that I can only assume is ground

edit: found power, its the black/red wire on the coil....but somehow i'm not getting a spark...could my coil have gone bad? the KA ran with this coil a month ago when it was still in the 240sx....

so i have a 97 hardbody with th sohv ka and it has bad con rod bearings and timing kit which i replaced that dam kit so mamy times that i said the hell with this im going dohc... so i bought a ka24de from a 95 240 and it came with 2 ecus 5 spd and an auto. no harness tho... i want to swap it but im at a stand still.what do i do... i dont have all the sensors for the de or the dizzy. but i still have every thing from my truck.

HI folks...Icehouse/Wolfman...Great job on the diags. I have a 66 roadster I am attempting a VG30 install with. The donor was an 87 300zx that ran excellent with no codes...using ECU, harness, and various other parts. Currently, I have both diagnostic lights on constantly in run mode and in diagnostic mode they seem to be doing a self check though all combinations (orriginal ECU and spare). Internal inspection shows no sign of trauma. Also, as for the can-am box, is there a link where I can aquire this?

• 4 weeks later...

I am getting ready to do my s13 ka24de swap into my 411sss and I think i have identified which wires I need to connect to the can/am box. In the picture below, I connect the wires with the labels to the can/am box correct? The orange wire for the starter solenoid, I connect the car's signal wire to it and then it leads to the ecu correct?

IMG_20120913_194421.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I have that printed off already..I'm pretty sure I'm just over thinking the whole thing haha. So all wires from the blue plug plug into the eccs portion of the box Im pretty sure i have that figured out. Then for the ignition part of the box all my wires come from my stock 720 ign? For fuel 2 wires come out the Ecu return and 2 for the fuel pump? What else?

Yes I've wired a quite a few S14 KA's, O how I hate them :) The stupid foam around the firewall grommet, The million extra wires that Nissan decided to run with the EFI..... You only need one wire from the blue plug. It's a red w/black. Well actually two. The black w/white as well. The rest come off that extra big white plug. Make sure to trace them back to the ECU since there are multiples of each color. There is a link to FSM's for all the engines on the first page of this thread.