ka24e timing kit? Best to buy?

bilzbobaggins

Ive searched and haven not found what im looking for.  Which timing kits for the single cam would be good?   I have super chain rattle and am ready to do this.  Its in my 96 hardbody 4x4.  I dont want to be right back here in two years with a bad guide.  I want to do it all now as well.  Btw the guide on the nico forum and the fsm, I have a good idea of what to do.  1100 is too much damn money for someone to do this.  The truck still runs ok, but is VERY sluggish.  I belive the chain to be pretty far gone.

Any info would be good.

Thanks

028-2.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get r done. KA-E are notorious for eating these plastic guides. Ever notice the L and X series rarely have a problem? but for the larger KAs Nissan cheaped out with a single roller chain and sprockets? and guides that last 80K? I pulled a KA motor from an S13 and the timing chain and guides were worn but looked not too bad. I pulled the pan and most of the old guides were in the bottom.... figures.

Get r done. KA-E are notorious for eating these plastic guides. Ever notice the L and X series rarely have a problem? but for the larger KAs Nissan cheaped out with a single roller chain and sprockets? and guides that last 80K? I pulled a KA motor from an S13 and the timing chain and guides were worn but looked not too bad. I pulled the pan and most of the old guides were in the bottom.... figures.

Yep. Pulled this apart last night in fact. No plastic guide left at all.  I'm convinced the KA24E was a victim of the beancounters.

DB965EC6-5B9A-4ACC-8FD6-5E3C948D082C-106