THE RED ROCKET BUILD!!!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are a waste of time, they will not work, they have to be in the middle, directly above the axle.

0F4F2244_zpsb98a3659.jpg

It will still hit metal to metal this way, perhaps you can put a pedestal on top of the axle and bolt them to it.

ya i was doing alot of thinking on these. they were cheap so its not a huge loss but disappointing. wish they were right above the axle.  ill see what i can do and if not cut my old ones

• 4 weeks later...

alright guys, been a while but shes lower :rofl:

I got KYB gas adjust shokcs up front.  they were pinto shocks. cut them and drilled and they fit like a glove.

A6B833C5_zps14ff4280.jpg

just for fun i painted my glovebox door. far from perfect and bugs some people and me at times but i can deal with it. got a spare door anyway

A8BB7928_zps34080cb2.jpg

i decided on 2in blocks with my 720 leafs and still undecided if i want 3in or not. i have the room for sure though.

2888D668_zpsd8480c34.jpg

cranked the front down.

A1510D67_zps73e2a6af.jpg

heres a before and after. not slammed but i can dig it. fronts gotta come down more

7239798C_zpse4d86b18.jpg

spotted this 620 the other day :thumbup:

836BDD8B_zps51facc02.jpg

and last pic is from the a&w meet today. decent turn out :thumbup:

AED01D63_zps2d9396d7.jpg

Rims will be getting done next weekend :thumbup:  just ordered a water pump and new spark plug wires too :rofl:

• Like 2

Good looking truck and great progress so far. So far as the grille emblem goes, unless its broken I wouldn't waste money on another one. Paint it. That's what I did to mine. Did it by hand.

39299934070_large.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

some progress happend lately.  lowered the front more. no more cholo. got a bit of rake now but it doesnt bother me.

8F478757_zps96fb7d86.jpg

still have some bumpstops left but im about 1/8th of a inch from them so its a little stiff.

9D49551F_zps91710925.jpg

AC4ACD1E_zps838a5109.jpg

had a water pump leak so got a new pump, oil, spark plug wires, and speaker boxes.  shes gonna be running with a tune up soon  :thumbup:

312777D8_zps8832d103.jpg

21C2F9D3_zpsc0151b56.jpg

Not really sure yet. Since I lowered the front more I really like it. Maybe still not decided. Hopefully getting a weber here in may

For sure have you takin it for a cruise yet? How's the ride if so? If that weber falls through I have mine up for grabs only problem is the chokes broken :/

For sure have you takin it for a cruise yet? How's the ride if so? If that weber falls through I have mine up for grabs only problem is the chokes broken :/

The ride isn't all to bad. The 720 springs are a little stiff but not near as bad as I thought they would be. Since I replaced the front shocks it rides like heaven though. Those kyb shocks made a ton of difference