Third Seat In A Datsun 720 KingCab?

Hello, as some of you may know i have a datsun 720 KC, i love the whole ute concept but i really need a third seat, as its quite impractical with only two,

attached below is a picture of the interior and im wondering would it be possible at all to fit a double seat out of a different car? if so what one would be ideal for my situation?

353czgh.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent a lot of time in the Toyota jump seat in high school. It was super cramped, probably not very safe in a crash, and there was a 10" subwoofer behind the other bucket, so my ears rang a lot, but good times.

It motivated me to get my drivers license and put my 620 on the road.

Measure you ass and X it by three. Will it fit between the doors? I've had three across the front in my 620 and drove sitting on my left ass cheek, passenger on his right cheek, his wife in the middle. It was doable but not recommended. The 720 is slightly wider

Fact is that any seat, being a jump seat in the back, or a bench seat in the front, is going to be uncomfortable for more than two people unless they are small for any extended length of time.

The 720 came with two jump seats in the back on US models, it is cramped back there, and likely was just a sales gimmick.

Your truck looks real good the way it is, i wouldn't change a thing, but you could buy a canopy and throw the extra people in the back.  :rofl:

remove bucket seats and get a bench seat from a standard cab 720 it should be direct bolt in, but as Datzenmike said would be quite uncomfortable for long drives. I have also seen trucks the same size as the 720 with a bench seat behind the bucket seats that folded up into the back of the cab just like the jump seats do into the sides of the cab.

Ive had many of 720 King Cabs. I've thought about this before, too.  And really, the seat will only be a few inches big, barely enough for a quarter of someones ass cheek to sit on it. Even if there is, your seat will be all the way forward for them to have any leg room.  Its not worth the trouble.  I've measured, checked out other seats, thought about making something custom.... It just doesn't work out right. My kids, oldest being 12 don't fit that great in the back with the jump seats.

Only thing worth my trouble was....  Putting some padding down in the back, and nice carpet over that.  I put a canopy on the truck, then put a small bench seat in the front of the bed next to the cab.  Worked out great, installed some seat belts & a heater.  I used the middle seat out of a 1997 dodge minivan.  Fit damn near perfect.