Round 2, FIGHT! - now with a DE in progress(for real this time...)

Eagle_Adam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I think I'm honestly just gunna use a JY pump..... $25 and i get the mounting brackets too, then if it goes out i can get a brand new one from the stealership :) 

Wednesday marks the "start" of my KA swap!

why?

cus Wednesday my dad goes in for his hip replacement surgery, he will be down and out for 6 weeks minimum

I think I'm honestly just gunna use a JY pump..... $25 and i get the mounting brackets too, then if it goes out i can get a brand new one from the stealership :)

Wednesday marks the "start" of my KA swap!

why?

cus Wednesday my dad goes in for his hip replacement surgery, he will be down and out for 6 weeks minimum

I have a Volvo pump for my swap. J/Y's have lots of them, they are easy to get/pull, and I think mine was only $7. They are located right in front of the rear drivers side tire.

I havent plumbed mine yet but it looks like a few fittings from the parts store and some pocket Maxima fuel line clamps (thanks Redeye!) and you should be good to go!

Come faster Wednesday!!! Let this begin

no no no........ i need today and tomorrow to finish lowering my GF's goon so i can focus on the swap ;P 

I have a Volvo pump for my swap. J/Y's have lots of them, they are easy to get/pull, and I think mine was only $7. They are located right in front of the rear drivers side tire.

I havent plumbed mine yet but it looks like a few fittings from the parts store and some pocket Maxima fuel line clamps (thanks Redeye!) and you should be good to go!

good to know, i figure as long as the car/truck has an inline pump and a motor thats 2.4l or bigger im safe :) 

When the volvo pump goes you should switch to the Airtex E1000, It's used on a bunch of different factory built cars and mine was $100 brand new. 

Edit: I didn't use the volvo pump I go from the JY was due to the fact that I broke one of the fittings and could not source a replacement because of the thread size. I like to be able to get stuff like that.

Well, my pops had his hip replacement surgery yesterday, so its game on boys n girls!

789F514E-5DB4-4224-AA56-165B28511F7A-309

picked up one of my KA24DE's from storage along with the 5 speed i got with it

picked up a new clutch too

8144B948-5601-4C6B-ABA9-7DD8EC81CD0B-309

motor and trans are split

4735B34E-8923-40A2-ABB4-952179D84429-309

motors on the stand 

6916244A-AE81-42F3-8E8C-C7DF88F060B2-309

started pulling things i dont need

fan clutch

EGR

emissions BS

old motor mounts

ended the night with giving the motor a bath in 2 cans of break clean then pulled the cam cover to see what i was working with

E1088885-772E-41BC-85BB-C8959F528E67-309

• Like 1

There's always something about every car I've ever had that pisses me off.....

ALWAYS!!!!

In the 620, it's the glove box made from fucking cardboard....

So I set out to fix that!

Introducing a new metal glovebox insert for all 620's!!!

5884F4CA-7246-4F83-BEDE-8196919FD40C-168

Once I have the first one in and working they will be FS :)

This will also provide a sweet place to mount the custom control box being made for my engine swap :)

• Like 5