Round 2, FIGHT! - now with a DE in progress(for real this time...)

Eagle_Adam

One of my starter bolts only goes in 2 complete turns, because some previous owner stripped the rest of the threads out and filled them wood...

Anyways, 2 threads has been enough to not have my starter come loose since I put it on.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after we talked about break in peroids for ceramic pads i decided to try and break em.........

didnt manage to break em but after a coupla HARD stops and a few burnouts they evened out, i think you were right when we were talking about that....

and on a less exciting side note i broke the truck again....

More details after lunch :( 

after we talked about break in peroids for ceramic pads i decided to try and break em.........

didnt manage to break em but after a coupla HARD stops and a few burnouts they evened out, i think you were right when we were talking about that....

and on a less exciting side note i broke the truck again....

More details after lunch :(

jesus dude.....my datsun heart brakes for u ...

jesus dude.....my datsun heart brakes for u ...

lolz, all good man...... i think

at this point i could probably fix my truck one handed with an eye patch on hopping on one leg  :rofl:    :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl:

i decided when i got home from work yesterday that a trip to Eugene was in order! why? cus i felt like it and sometime the best therapy for me is an open highway, my datsun, my girl, and my pup

which was fine and dandy till jessi and i both caught a whiff of "something" Kind of a burning rubber, trash burn, electrical wire frying type smelll......

but less than a mile later it was gone so we both wrote it off

until the charge light came on, and then the temp started to spike  :confused:

So i pulled over, let it cool down, and popped the hood to see what was up. At first i found the belt had come off, and i was all like :sneaky:  oh well pop it on and off we go right? :w00t: 

wrong..... next thing i found was the water pump had broken, and it did it in the oddest way :confused:    

the pulley itself had broken free from the shaft it was attached to.......

so i called autozone in eugene cus they are open the latest and they had a WP on the shelf!!!!!!! So i paid for it, a gasket, a new belt, and some coolant - jessi's dad picked it up for me so it would be there when i got there with the truck on a flat bed.

ok, waterpump. coupla wrenches and a drip pan and ive got this!

WRONG AGAIN!

the only tools available to me were all standard.......

So quick thinking kicks in and i hit up Zach and Levi and BAM they have tools and time to stop by!!!! WOOT WOOT 

i decided that food was in order since it was 10 pm and i hadnt eatn yet, met up with brandon for a coupla drinks and some food then off to swap a WP!

WRONG AGAIN!!!!!

got the tools, part, lights, time, and friends to make this happen and make it home!!!!

WRONG YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH

ended up that the WP i got was for an AC truck and the clutch is larger making it so the fan i had with me wouldnt work.........

So i said fuck it, had a safety meeting with some friends, borrowed Jessi's dads truck and left eugene at 1 am to be back in Portland and at work by 9......

Geez, it never ends :lol:

Jrock, if you stop your heart everytime his truck breaks down you'll loose blood flow to the brain... :rofl:

thats implying theres blood flow to it inthe first place ... to which it obviously isnt the case...

the truck made it home from Eugene with no issues, the goon not so much.........

FUCK ME!!!!! seriously i just want em to run and break down every 6 months not every 6 weeks...... 

feels more like every 6 days bro....i feel for u ....i think lall my high speed runs inthe 521 have cost me a water pump....stupid bitch got all kinds of hot yesterday .... added some coolant and that helped but it gets warmer at lights....

feels more like every 6 days bro....i feel for u ....i think lall my high speed runs inthe 521 have cost me a water pump....stupid bitch got all kinds of hot yesterday .... added some coolant and that helped but it gets warmer at lights....

ya, im workn on every other day right now....

the drivers door on the truck wouldn't open from the outside last night. I just looked at it, laughed at it and went inside to play video games... 

• Like 1

vids.....lol sometimes therapuetic... im sure the rod fell of the handle or something.....look a tit this way your becoming the best mechanic for la series on here... and learning invaluable knowledge from laecon and red banner....soon u will be bored wishing something would happen to the rigs so u could work on them again

vids.....lol sometimes therapuetic... im sure the rod fell of the handle or something.....look a tit this way your becoming the best mechanic for la series on here... and learning invaluable knowledge from laecon and red banner....soon u will be bored wishing something would happen to the rigs so u could work on them again

LOLZ!!! but half of what you said is true, i do know whats wrong and your right its just a rod, i can hear it rattling around, i am learning shit like there is no tomorrow, i will probably be one of the better L series guys locally, BUT once im board with the L i have my KA to play with and learn on!

then maybe an SR.....

or maybe not and i can just go back to playing video games and killing things in a virtual world, you know.... like pre ratsun  :rofl:  :rofl:  :crying:

i had a 5 hour conference call at work today with a client the love to listen to themselfs talk...

so i re-read my build thread and came to the following conclusions

1. i have a bad ass 620

2. im insane, no need for a test... anybody with a to do list as big as mine pre canby and post march is nuts... let alone to get 95% of it done

3. My GF is far too awesome for tolerating my addiction, not to mention feeding it 

4. i have some awesome friends that seriously put in work on my datsuns and they deserve a shout out!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2