Pretty sure alternator just died...

Kirden

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to add pics to show how the adjuster arm fits when flipped.

From back

SAM_0181_zps10d7ecaa.jpg

SAM_0180_zps06d21f14.jpg

Truck is running to see if the battery is gonna hold a charge.

Edit: Battery is holding charge, voltage is reading above 12 with all my acc on (13.6).

MIke thinks theyre might be a battery drain when it shuts off.

one way to ck this is get a test light. take the neg cable off then put the test light inbetween the battery post and the cable you just took off. If test light is ON then the battery is draining.

This was a commong thing on 510s but Im not positive on 620 trucks

buy this is works good. You can tell if your system is going to go out before the idiot light come on. TRUST IT!

http://www.equus.com/Product/3721/Battery-Monitor

heres a link about 32 seconds in

Thank you guys for the information on how to test that. The test light did not come on so I would say all in all it was a success :)

However, the choke heater is wired to the idle wire, not the original choke heater wire.

I double checked because I had thought this was how I wired it when I installed the weber, but I was not sure. That video has some good info. I like short videos that I can learn from, longer ones let my mind wander so I end up rewatching the video 4-5 times before I get it...

I will update this again if I have any issues, but for now it looks like my truck is good to go. Also, side benefit was my lights no longer dim when I turn on the wipers, and the wipers seem faster. I still plan to do a relay for the lights like the one I did for the starter, but it may take a few weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to give an update on this swap. Haven't had any issues after the bolt broke on the 4th of March. The truck is running great and I can run the heater, wipers, and headlights without any problems. I may be upgrading to a more modern radio soon with some new components, but nothing too over powering. I just want to get rid of the road gear cassette player...

Also, I have let the truck sit for 5 days without cranking and it started right up. I did find out that I need a new fuse box and I need to adjust valves and tune the weber, but those are opics for another thread.

Now back to figuring out my parts list for the new B210 :)