my almost done 521

kike69

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily my cup of tea.....BUT,

You got yourself into a challenge for sure. I see the potential of the paint and it's going to take the right amount of bling to pull this off right. But if you do, this thing will pop for sure. Just the right amount of polished stainless and the perfect set of wheels and you got a winner.

The one thing I don't like are the painted black sections below the doors. I think that if you put this on the ground, there will be an optical illusion of it being higher than it is.

And honestly, who cannot love a truck that represents the STEELER NATION?!

If anybody knows how to lower the truck...if you could help me lower my truck. I would appreciate getting a little help..give me a call (760) 214-7259. Thank you.

Blocks for the back and torsion bars up front it will cost you nothing for the front and about 30.00-40.00 for the rear.I dont know what size wheels your running so that will dictate what blocks to buy depending on the offset of the wheel because the wheel will end up hitting the bottom leaf spring plate.Do a search its easy to do and will take you about a hour or so depending on tools and how easy the bolts break free.good luck

Mr. BigTanker is incorrect. The correct time math formula is:

HOUR(s)     ACTIVTY

(+1)          Prepare materials: Penetrating oil such as PB Blaster or my per$sonal favorite: Kroil. Run to grocery store. Pull out tools.

(+1)         Jack up and safely secure truck. Run in house, grab a beer from grocery store. Pinch significant other or a loaf.

(+.50)      Spray u-bolts and shock fasteners, etc. pertaining to the suspension. Yes, both sides and the front to back.

(+3 +/-3) Mandatory union break while the chemicals eat. Go in house to grab beer, get sidetracked by TV, woman, creature or otherwise. Beer count is +3 for each hour.

(+2)         Remove hardware, get blocks in, get everything assembled. Play with torsions. Drink another beer.

(+.75)       Time to lower truck back down and raise up a few times to get the torsions just right. "Yup, I think that's it Ethel. {{HICCUP}}".

(+.01)       Time it takes you to realize you just crushed your new "wheels tucked 521" on  your leg because your too drunk to know otherwise.

So doing the math, accounting for average base line of +3 for the union break, the total time it should take this job is 8.26 +/- 3 hours. Keep in mind that after this 8.26 +/- 3 hours, you will be down approximately +4 to +8 hours for medical services.

So if I were you, start early in the morning, keep an even pace and before you know it, you'll be wondering how the hell you wound up with a broken leg, a mess in your driveway and a sick ass truck you can't drive.

Sacrifice.