Those with W53 heads:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I run BPR8ES... it's more critical what ignition you are using than what head casting. Unfortunately I just lost a nearly new set of plugs when I sent a head in for milling and forgot to take them out. So I guess I'll use a set of used Bosch Platinums I had in my 4X4 just to test fire the engine (and extract the truck from the backyard)

The only thing I use Autolites for it to keep dust/dirt/moisture out of engines that aren't in cars...

I used to run NGK"s, but my Z with triple webers would foul them. So I switched to Bosch platnum 4's and I could'nt have been happier. Smoother rpm range and definely more power. They are about 6-7 bucks a peice, but well worth it in my opinion. I don't think it matters the head casting for the spark plugs. Unless its boosted.

Bosch Platinum, not that they are the best but I did put them in about 5-6 ? years ago and being trouble free, I totally forgot about them. Even blew a h/g and changed it and never thought to check them. They just run and run.

Bosch Platinum, not that they are the best but ...

ive run em too, didnt think the +4 was any better then the +2 though, esp for the $$$.

only NGK now!

:fu: or as others say "german plugs do not belong in a japanese motor"