WTB Datsun 210

But its still annoying to me that a Datsun needs smog.

Fortunately for us, it's a rolling 24 year exemption, so right now anything made in '89 back is fair game.   :thumbup:

That means next year I can legally have an R32.   B)

Legally speaking, you are required to have all the factory emissions equipment in place, but since no one at the smog check knows these cars at all, as long as anything you remove looks like it was never there to start with they don't bother. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need one of the gurus to help me find a nice Datsun car :P

I picked up the 620 cause it was cheap and I loved the looks, but the more I look at all of these cars the more I really want one. Damn this Datsun disease... or is it hole in pocket disease?

Hope you find a 4dr soon, those pics were amazing.

My resolve is being tested. This just popped up a few minutes ago on CL...   :rofl:

1giwlj.jpg

You know you want it  :devil:

What the hell are you talking about, he's already got it!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  The man works dat fast!

I would go for it, but then again you have owned plenty of these cars and I don't know your exact needs/wants here. I will be proactive and say you really want a 4-door and as soon as you buy this one you will probably find a 4-door.

But to me this looks like it would be an amazing daily driver...

you really want a 4-door and as soon as you buy this one you will probably find a 4-door.

This is exactly what will happen.   :rofl:

Yeah, it kinda would. If he comes down on the price a bit, it's gonna be really hard not to buy it... 

Maybe a little bit of this...

2vbq7w8.jpg

Or a little bit of that...

2yzfom8.jpg

B)

now this i like....looks like that blue thing needs a lot to get where this one is though

now this i like....looks like that blue thing needs a lot to get where this one is though

Yeah, but if it runs/drives okay, that's the thing. I can do all that other stuff over a few weekends. 

Somehow I can work really fast on a car that I also drive. But working on cars that don't run (see: my ground up 1200 build) seems to take forever. 

Example: Been working on my '73 1200 coupe (which I bought as a rolling shell) for 5 years. Still probably will take at least another year to finish it.   :sleep:

I bought this wrecked 510 (running and driving mind you) about 4 years ago:

Picture_018copy.jpg

And roughly 6 months of weekend wrenching later I had this:

Picture_117s.jpg

• Like 1
I would go for it, but then again you have owned plenty of these cars and I don't know your exact needs/wants here. I will be proactive and say you really want a 4-door and as soon as you buy this one you will probably find a 4-door.

This is exactly what will happen.   :rofl:

Yeah, it kinda would. If he comes down on the price a bit, it's gonna be really hard not to buy it... 

Why fight it, you know your going to buy it and the four door that pops up! I remember seeing the lime green 1979 round hatch one on JNC when I had just my 210. I wanted it so bad got sold. Found out a few years later that is had wrecked and scrapped. I was sad panda.

Cccc-ccc-ccombo breaker! Here's and idea...

Why not just combine a 210 and a 510? Boom 78 510 hatch back. L20b already installed. Lots of parts compatibility to really dial it in just how you want it and you can even swap the grills around with a little shoe horning if you want to really mix it up. I had a blast with mine. Most criminally under rated datsuns are those end of the 70's early 80's models