(WA) Nissanfest 2013 Apr. 21st

Tristin

Well she isn't running yet.  Even with his ECU she wasn't running 100%, and I still need to get an ECU (he kind of needed his back lol), BUT it's a HUGE step in the right direction to diagnose the problems.  After today I know for certain that:

My ECU is bad

my MAF is good

my plug wires and rotor are good. 

but if I make it out, I'll still hook you up with that soda :-)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a 620 pick up that i want to swap with a ka24de, got the cash to get this project going. just looking for someone to pay to do it!!! gonna be at nissanfest this sunday (april 21st). my goal is to find other datsun enthusiats to get to know! feel free to msg  me if your gonna be there also!

I never registered for this event, but i am going.  anybody know if you can register at the door? or maybe you did register and can not go... I could buy your registration (if that would work)??

Registration is closed, but you can still attend. It just means you cant enter early and will have to wait in line to park once the show opens up. 

Someone get some oics up if you went. 

Was a pretty good time... Not as ricer as expected (though it had its moments for sure). The old schools definitely got some love and attention which was cool. Everyone stopped by to ask questions or drool which seems to not happen at a lot of "newer car" shows. 3 510s in the show area, maybe 3 S30s, and 5/6 Z31s. One S30 and one S130 doing autocross. I didnt take many show photos, but here are some shots of the JNCs I saw:

8670974002_7c7932128e_c.jpg

8670973668_f60d9a3a3c_c.jpg

8669870681_c5afaa87a9_c.jpg

8670972762_af7b382b02_c.jpg

8669870375_bfb08e2b20_c.jpg

8669869729_c18420a9fb_c.jpg

Show was decently heavy sprinkles the first maybe hour or so we were there, but it cleared up fine and the sun even came out for a bit. Drifting was cool to watch with a few crashes and some great near hits that were pulled off at the last second. Some cool cars on the track with my favorite being a Canadian 4dr. R33 with a twin turbo VK56 swap. 

Overall had a great time and Im glad I went. 

Wouldnt be a meet without a Datsun breaking down so a shout out goes to Angelina who apparently ran out of gas due to malfunctioning gauges and my ass who had a loose negative battery cable which honked at in the line to board the ferry on the way home  :blush:

First real pics ive evver seen from that show....and truthfully i can tell i wouldnt hae been satisfied if i had driven up there :( lol.  Just seems like a parking lot with everything parked everywhere, i miss it at gg, felt more like a car show even in the pics.  Maybe ill come up next year, just depends. 

It was way better than I expected. The last time I did "nissanfest" it was the last gg show. Not quite as much asshatery as I thought there would be. The drifting was funner to watch than I expected too, mainly because of the multiple v8 swapped car, the 4dr vk powered skyline was probly the favorite in the group. No oics from me, can't take them for shit.

First real pics ive evver seen from that show....and truthfully i can tell i wouldnt hae been satisfied if i had driven up there :( lol.  Just seems like a parking lot with everything parked everywhere, i miss it at gg, felt more like a car show even in the pics.  Maybe ill come up next year, just depends. 

It was well organized. There was the "show area" which was all the cars neatly parked, you could group up with your club, and if not it was all sectioned off by model. There was a huge parking lot for just normal attendees and that was all free for all. I mean, the show isnt for everyone and it wasnt perfect, but it was a great time. I really wish more Ratsun guys would have shown to hang out with... If the show is like this next year or even better (hopefully) Ill be going again for sure.