1960 Datsun pickup parts needed!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could start with a carb kit and a clutch slave cylinder. Let's see what else you got!

I'm sorry. You really should buy us a drink first before talking sex.

For a vintage piece like you have it's almost mandatory to include some info on yourself and your truck. Pictures are essential. Where did you find her, what are your plans? Any history from previous owner?

This would be a 220 series badged as a DATSUN 1000 with an E series 4 cylinder? Floor shift?

My name is Mike. I live in Sunny San Diego Ca. I'm into music and restoring old cars. I bought this little truck last year to save on the gas bill and it is supposed to be a runner! I paid way to much, so don't ask! LOL I'm still tryin' to post a picture and will as soon as I can figure out how!

It's a 1200 trucklette. 98% complete! 4 speed colum shift. It's kinda rare as it has two gas tanks and the oil bath filter. I bought it off a re seller so there is no history. I'll post some more pics later but I don't think the forum is compatible with internet explorer 8.

I got your picture right here.

datsun.jpg

To post a picture in Ratsun, you use the IMG code, in square brackets, before the picture link, and after the link the /IMG code again in square brackets

You obviously have this image stored somewhere.  All I did was right click, and chose "save image location"  I then put in the square bracket, IMG, the other square bracket, control "V" to paste your picture code, and more square brackets, with /IMG in them.  No spaces.

• Like 1

It's a 222. There's enough of it there to restore it stock. It has very little rust and I'm told it only need's the two things to run. I love the way it's set up but unfortunitly the1960 parts don't innterchange with anything else. :( It has torsion bar over the straight axle suspencion so I'm hoping it will run with those cool old vintage wheels. I'd like to get her running because the Dodge 2500 4x4 is costing me a fortune to drive. And, yes it does have two gas tanks! Maybe a special order from the dealership.

I could use a lens for the light under the hood a front turn signal lens, stock seats, rear bumpers, an antena, engine crank, jack and accesories, and a battery tie down. + any kind of NOS parts I can find.

Welcome to Ratsun  B)

I would bet that the extra tank was put on later.

If I were you, I would do some measuring, and if late 60s roadster front turn signals will fit without any modifications, I would pull your stock ones off, replace them with the roadster signals till you come across what you need.

I also would look at your rockers real good, and if there is any rust at all even trying to start, I would take care of it now, inside and outside, especially the cab inside corners.

You have a really rare truck, finding parts is going to likely be a bitch. :mellow:

Thanks for posting that dat521gatherer. I think I got a few data sheets with the truck and was supposed to get a carb kit but the guy did not throw it in the truck and I forgot to ask for it. I guess I should take it off and see what it needs. Can anyone tell me what carbs or intakes will fit this? I may want to throw on a pair of side drafts.

Thanks Datsun Mechanic I'm a welder fabricator so I see no major problems. Most of the rust is surface rust. I will need to do a few minor spots, but this is really clean for what it is! Sure it has it's dings and dents but it amazes my that there are none in the bed! Just a little hole that has been tack welded.

Would I get a better responce if I posted this in the project section?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.