Pulled the trigger finally! 1972 521

jammin

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vu8ODEJvwvk/UQWNAZU28XI/AAAAAAAABBY/N-DzUeZ8cUA/w298-h398-k/20130127_122337.jpg

Hello! Been looking for a 521 for a few years now but always seemed like something got in the way, but today I finally got one! 1972 clean 521.

Got it from a gal her in Seattle who has taken good care of the truck, has most receipts for work done.

The good: body is straight, no dings..little surface rust in on spot on bed.  Rebuilt L20 with weber carb / 5 speed tranny.  All electrical works, heater has been rebuilt so defrost and heat good.  Original cream paint is still smooth and looks good after 40 years. All front chome mint. Newer style nissan truck tires work.  new floorpans installed. New brakes. Mint seat, headliner and door panels.

The bad: missing rear tailgate, crack in window (but out of view) missing rear bumper (but got a line on one already) , missing mirrors..but no holes on doors or windows so don't know if ever installed. Need new carpet and sound deadening... Runs a little stiff due to being lowered.  Think I might raise back to stock height or a few inches..we'll see.  All in all, think it was a bargain at $1500 for a daily driver that really needs nothing more than small cosmetic stuff.  The mission is to get the missing parts, keep her like she is and keep her on the road! Finally!!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jammin: welcome to ratsun, nice find. it looks like you need a lower valence for your 521 that goes under front bumper. i have an extra 1 and i find them occasionally on 521's at boneyards/junkyards so i am always looking out for more 521 parts to add to my collection of parts. i will look out for another valence/parts for you. i will also try and find you a tailgate

Thanks for the nice comments and posting the picture..i tried my damnest to figure out how..will set up an account on photobucket to show resto process.  First is to try and do a little sound proofing and carpet for interior.   Thanks for the offer Gene, I would love to have a tailgate, but it sounds like me and everyone else.  However....there is a guy in Tacoma with a 521 that he is selling for $700 and it looks it pretty good shape. Maybe he might be willing to part out if other people want stuff also...just a thought. Look on Seattle Craigslist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...