First 720

Scurrvy

Hi all I'm new to the forum, and I just bought my first Datsun for 800 dollars. 

It looks a little rough, the interior needs some work. 

The motor was swapped with another z24 with 120k. The truck it self has 221k. 

I'll post some pictures tomorow. It is a King cab. I really just plan on lowering it, getting a webber, and some exhaust work until i can afford to do a swap with a KA or SR. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I've read around that 96+ rodeo seats fit with no mods..does that include the king cabs? Because my passenger seat is shot and the driver isn't far behind.

If anyone has any pointers it would be really helpful. 

More pictures. Same lame phone quality. 

This is connected to the carb...but it wasnt hooked up. Should I hook it up?

spewaw.jpg

Passenger side. I need the gas door latch.knob. Or a new gas door. 

141o5s.jpg

Dash, needs some work. I may try and find another one in better shape. and the head unit is going in the garbage as soon as I am able to take it out. The PO also has computer speakers for speakers. lol

2lsz2pe.jpg

30ix9fo.jpg

Also the trunk won't start unless you pour a little gas into the carb..I'm new to carbs so I don't know much about them. Don't judge. 

The gas door latch/knob is something you need to find at the wreaking yards, as it something you will get there for a couple bucks, but it will cost way more for you to buy it and ship it from one of us.

That said, I can ship you two of them for $20.00, it's same price for one, basically your paying me to deal with the shipping so you might as well have two, in case one breaks one day, or you maybe can sell the other to someone local there and re-coupe some of your money.

The photo below shows front and back of two types, all the ones around here have the type with the tab/post in the middle, the type in the center with the offset tab/post is not for sale.

DSCN0792.jpg

DSCN0791.jpg

DSCN0793.jpg
Both pieces will come with gasket and keeper/holder hardware.
To bad I don't have something else you need.

Let me know if you want them.

wayno
I'll check the local yards in a few days. I'll let you know if I can't find anything and I'll purchase those.

About that plug too my carb, should that be hooked up? 

I know nothing about downdraft carbs or napZ engines other than I can make a LZ23 out of a Z22 block, and they(napZ engines) go threw a lot of headgaskets.

Seems like it should be hooked up, otherwise why would datsun/nissan put the plugs there, but it may have been disconnected because whatever the plug goes to is broken, and causes more issues plugged in than not being plugged in.

I'm going to start to figure out the carb problem this up coming weekend. I dont really have time anymore I work 7 days a week and it's 2nd shift so it's dark and really late when I get home from work. So I'm going to take a little vaca. and check the fuel lines/filter and what have you. Then to take out the dash and console to get it all cleaned up and put back in. take out the passenger seat and the PO's computer speaker set up.

Side note..anyone know what battery fits best in the truck? The one in my car is too tall..and it was the one I was going to use. 

And should I have it painted or just leave it the way it is for the "ratty" look? 

More pictures. Same lame phone quality. 

This is connected to the carb...but it wasnt hooked up. Should I hook it up?

spewaw.jpg

Also the trunk won't start unless you pour a little gas into the carb..I'm new to carbs so I don't know much about them. Don't judge. 

Doesn't look like thew plug will connect. The carb end looks like it's an electronic feedback carb (does it have 5-6 wires on the plug?) and the harness end looks like for an earlier regular carb with only the two wires on it. You said the motor was swapped?

Dash, needs some work. I may try and find another one in better shape. and the head unit is going in the garbage as soon as I am able to take it out. The PO also has computer speakers for speakers. lol

2lsz2pe.jpg

Keep an eye out for the ST option 720. They had the tach and clock options. Dresses up the dash nicely...

620stuff003Large.jpg

I believe the gauges just plug in.

Yeah there's one on ebay.I think. I may try and pick it up on payday. 

And yes the motor was swapped with another z24, I'll check it out a little more tomorrow so I'll have some more info than just a picture. 

Yeah, they're just trying to get some extra money making it seem rare. I'm going to go to a local yard in a few days/weeks to see about picking up some stuff, like a shift boot if I can, seats, and some other odds and ends.