First 720

Scurrvy

Would a center bore of 4.25 inches be okay? or would that still allow too much stress on the wheel.

Yeah thats fine! 

My other wheels are 4.25... and on the back the bore isn't getting any support anyway 

4 inches is a minimum before you had to modify something to get them to fit the front 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats fine! 

My other wheels are 4.25... and on the back the bore isn't getting any support anyway 

4 inches is a minimum before you had to modify something to get them to fit the front 

Sweet thanks! well now I know what too look for. Gotta get to lowering soon. 

It's a lowering kit from thesuspensionsource.com, it's their brand, they also have beltech kits.  You can type in nissan 720 lowering kits in google and just follow the link from thesuspensionsouce.com

It's like 270.00 idk if thats cheap or about right or not. 

The guy I bought the truck from just offered me his other 720. It's newer than the one I have, looks better and has a sun roof. For my car plus 500. So I might have two of these bad boys when i get my income taxes in. The only thing is that the sun roof got busted out from this storm we had a few days ago. But I figured I could get that replaced pretty easily. And it runs and drives a hell of a lot better than my blue one. 

your carb doesn't have nearly as many vacuum lines as the stock carb should have.... if you have a vacuum leak that may be why it runs so lousy.

I hate the vac lines on these trucks.... I replaced mine and it still runs like crap.

Yeah I've found two so far that aren't connected..and I can't find where they go. I may just try and get a webber and cap off the vacuum lines. And the electric choke plugs don't match on the truck either. 

Alright, I believe who ever hooked up these vacuum lines were on some serious drugs. They aren't hooked up to the right things and it has one thats capped off. I'll try and get some pictures of it. I drove it around the block. It died every time I let off the gas pedal, back fires and all kinds of non-sense. 

spewaw.jpg

Did you look and see if these two plugs are compatible???? If you have an electronic feedback carb it isn't going to work without  the ECU box that would normally be under the driver's seat. The feedback carb uses a moving solenoid that varies the fuel mixture based on a half dozen sensor inputs including an O2 sensor to calculate the best fuel/air mixture. If unplugged it will at best run in a 'limp home' more of over rich.

If you have the feedback carb you really need a regular carb or a new weber.

Yeah those plugs are completely different. The one on the right/attached to the carb. has little prongs in it. and the one on the left has like a 3 hole triangle looking plug in it. Would a webber be able to pass the emissions test?  

Well I'm willing to sell this truck for 500. If there's anyone who lives around gallatin tn or something. I work too much and don't have time to figure out the vacuum lines. It's in relatively good shape except the passanger seat and vacuum lines or what ever is causing it not to start without pouring a little gas into the carb. I know this is probably not going to get sold on here. But yeah. It would need to be towed or put on a trailer. 

I know nothing about downdraft carbs or napZ engines other than I can make a LZ23 out of a Z22 block, and they(napZ engines) go threw a lot of headgaskets.

Seems like it should be hooked up, otherwise why would datsun/nissan put the plugs there, but it may have been disconnected because whatever the plug goes to is broken, and causes more issues plugged in than not being plugged in.

My z24 has about 178k miles and it looks like the heads never been takin' off. There's still blue paint on it from when the factory painted the block. Still hanging in there.

My z24 has about 178k miles and it looks like the heads never been takin' off. There's still blue paint on it from when the factory painted the block. Still hanging in there.

What I should have said was if there is a 720 for sale on craigslist for $500.00, it likely has a blown headgasket.

It is such an issue with the Z24 block, that I believe that nissan was the one that came out with a fix for it, every tune up, re-torque every headbolt one at a time, no particular order, just do every one of them one at a time.

Nissan had a lot of stuff like that cure, on the SD22 diesel engine heads, they tend to crack, they even have a gauge for measuring the cracks, but in the end, it was determined that if the head did not leak water it was good, that's so funny, if it don't leak water it is good.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  <_<  :huh:  :)  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :rofl:

• Like 1

Lol. So turns out I'm keeping the truck. This other car I was going to buy fell through so I guess I just need to figure out if I put a 32/36 on it will it pass the emessions here in TN. They just check the exhaust.