620 carpet kit?

AZhitman

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pharoahs looks good. the 720 carpet into my 620 took A LOT of trimming and kinda looks like shit aha

I mostly had to trim the sides and the seat mounting brace.I glued it down (3M spray adhesive)as I went,starting in the middle by the shifter. I bought a King Cab kit so I had enough to do under the seat and up to the back wall. Just enough left over to do the kick panels. :w00t:  I used a sharp X-Acto knife with a #11 blade for trimming. Worked a lot better than a razor blade or utility knife. For me anyway. If you use an X-Acto knife-BE CAREFUL.  They are basically a scalpel and will cut you REAL easily.

I build models,so I've used one for years. Just a word of warning..

• 1 month later...

I've bought from them before, twice.  Had issues with both carpets.

I just got my carpet from aardvarkmotors.com, arrived super-quick.  Looks good.  I've got it laying out in the sun to "relax" for a few days, until I get the sound deadening finished in the truck.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.  

• 3 weeks later...

Update:  Got my carpet kit from http://myworld.ebay.com/aardvarkmotors_com - Super-fast shipping, and the kit looks great.

For a carpet kit that was designed for a 720, it fit very well in my 620 with minimal work.  A little trimming and a couple releif cuts were required, but it's a WAY better quality than some of the stuff I've seen.

Overall, very happy with the purchase (and the price!)

I'll post up pics as soon as I dig out from the mountain of emails I have.... 

I used 3 pieces cut from carpet material. Under foot + center tunnel. Works fine. Just need to attach the center one to the tunnel. Two underfoor ones are held in place by stock plastik thingis that held on the rubber mat.

large_27558213_DjGQ.jpg

center in

large_27575299_I04K.jpg

other ones in

Anyone see the reviews for the carpets in the JCW link?  Prettymuch EVERY one says they fit like poo and had crap quality.  Anyone ever actually gotten a 620 set from them?

Yeah, I read those.  No way would I buy after reviews like that.