IRS on a 710

710Hippy

I know its a long shot but i have seen it done on some wagons and the 710 has the same frame rails set up so i am pretty sure it will work the only problem im having is wheel base width wise i want to take a complete 510 rear end set up cross members arms ect but im not sure if its wide enough or too wide i have not been close enough to a 510 to be able to measure and help would be great http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25436-1970-goon-sr20det-pojected-to-drive-me-crazy/ this guys has the idea i was thinking about besides the fact he used 240sx suspension i believe but please help !!! measurements or oics of the underside of a 510 or maybe even if someone has possibly done the conversion

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it was done by the factory so it is probably easy to do. 710 SSS had IRS.

510/610 IRS has also been swapped into B210 although that car was not designed for it.

sorry i dont believe i was clear i dont have a wagon i have a 2 dr post same width as 510/610irs?

Not sold here though?

unfortunatly but its going to be a total custom fab im just looking for thr right set up i need to get up under there just looking to see if i get a 510 irs it will work or if i have to get something else and work on shortening it

It's been done on a 510 goon but you don't have the use of a goon after. Yes it could be done. Will it be worth it? I don't know. From a "Holey shit that's so cool!" point of view than probably yes. From an engineering and fabricating point of view, also probably, yes. Will it handle better? Well, build it and find out.

Not sold here though?

no, but I looked into it for mine.

the underside looks like the floor pans are the same so its not like swapping IRS to a goon.

its just equipped with all the solid axle mounting stuff and holes instead of the IRS mounting and holes.

510 is 61.4 in wide and a 710 is 62 in wide so I dont see why you cant adapt 510 rear to work with a bit of skill.

Just mimic all the 510 mounting points, holes, and spring stuff.

Id get the back half of a 510 to just cut those bits out of.

It's been done on a 510 goon but you don't have the use of a goon after. Yes it could be done. Will it be worth it? I don't know. From a "Holey shit that's so cool!" point of view than probably yes. From an engineering and fabricating point of view, also probably, yes. Will it handle better? Well, build it and find out.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED :sneaky:

no, but I looked into it for mine.

the underside looks like the floor pans are the same so its not like swapping IRS to a goon.

its just equipped with all the solid axle mounting stuff and holes instead of the IRS mounting and holes.

510 is 61.4 in wide and a 710 is 62 in wide so I dont see why you cant adapt 510 rear to work with a bit of skill.

Just mimic all the 510 mounting points, holes, and spring stuff.

Id get the back half of a 510 to just cut those bits out of.

thank skib

You must be a machanical engineer w lots of tools to convert this.

You must have lots of time on your hands.

Just lower it and get soem Koni D shocks and tighten them up. coil overs up front($$$) then youl realize you want to drive this car not work on it FOREVER lining it up right in back so it dont dogwalk on you(go down the road sideways)

The goon in Austraila was a engineering master pc if you ever seen it.

Jeff Hino and frank did a goon also cutting back of a another 510 sedan. But I dont know if this car is still on the road

I though about trying this on a 710 wagon or 710 sedan ... but after trying to IRS swap a 510 sedan, with 510 sedan IRS, and failing

I decided Datsuns are not built structurally at all ... and an IRS 610 sedan would be a million times easier to build, and it might be worth money when it's done, instead of what happens after most "unique" Datsun builds, where they were worth more as un-touched non-unique cars/trucks

Risk Of Infection. Also called Datsunitus.

Return on investment.Or "bang for the buck".

You must be a machanical engineer w lots of tools to convert this.

You must have lots of time on your hands.

Just lower it and get soem Koni D shocks and tighten them up. coil overs up front($$$) then youl realize you want to drive this car not work on it FOREVER lining it up right in back so it dont dogwalk on you(go down the road sideways)

The goon in Austraila was a engineering master pc if you ever seen it.

Jeff Hino and frank did a goon also cutting back of a another 510 sedan. But I dont know if this car is still on the road

I though about trying this on a 710 wagon or 710 sedan ... but after trying to IRS swap a 510 sedan, with 510 sedan IRS, and failing

I decided Datsuns are not built structurally at all ... and an IRS 610 sedan would be a million times easier to build, and it might be worth money when it's done, instead of what happens after most "unique" Datsun builds, where they were worth more as un-touched non-unique cars/trucks

Dastsunitis i already got hahaha as far as return on investment the only reason im ivesting any and all thing to this car is for me and me only weather or not people like it so no worries there hahaha i have front coilovers and a great team of mechs so i know if its possible we can do it now since i have no plans what so ever to get rid of this car i have no need to worry of the street value but i do understand what your saying but i would like to build something that i know i want and make it my own hahaha that is with the help of everyone here who have already helped me out or might in the future you guys keep me motivated THANKS!!! :D  ^_^