Group buy for 510 Front end bushings n stuff?

mtngoat

Hi folks

There's a guy in Wa who advertises a kit of components to freshen up the front suspension for 510s. He makes lower control arm and tension rod bushings and a couple other pieces as well. I talked to him about a year ago and he noted just doing one kit was kind of a pain.

So I thought I might gauge interest here on trying to put together ten or so folks and then talk him into doing a production run.

Any interest?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

First of all nothing gets put up for sale that does not exist. If you are gauging interest that's fine but for now that's it. This has rarely ever worked out. Money has passed hands and nothing made/delivered.

So if interested just say so. If you get 20 interested maybe make a run of half that and offer for sale.

What's the difference between these and the other bushings already available?

Yes what makes these special? If POLLY then these are best left for racing or on the track. Polly has very little give and they chafe and rub (squeak) and wear out. Very stiff for the street and transmit road noise and vibration. Tension rod bushings are so firm they don't allow proper suspension travel. The rod has to bend and it has been known to snap from metal fatigue.

Natural rubber can grip both metal parts and stretch and give when stressed with no wear and squeaks. Smoother and quieter for a street car.

Couldn't find any LCA bushings here in Canada.

Moog PN.....Would be back ordered from the States.

Roll the dice on a delivery date...lol

-------------------------------------------------

LCA bushings will be polly??

I looked into rubber bushings but no one seems to make a complete set (for the entire suspension). The only kits I have seen that are reputable, ie not from Thailand or Mexico, are only for certain parts. I wanted to use rubber but it looks as though Poly is all that I can get my hands on. Can any one suggest a reputable place that sells rubber bushings? 

mtngoat - You never mentioned exactly what material these bushing kits are made from. If rubber, then I'm interested! I don't need or want Poly because this is just a street car.

I looked into rubber bushings but no one seems to make a complete set (for the entire suspension). The only kits I have seen that are reputable, ie not from Thailand or Mexico, are only for certain parts. I wanted to use rubber but it looks as though Poly is all that I can get my hands on. Can any one suggest a reputable place that sells rubber bushings? 

mtngoat - You never mentioned exactly what material these bushing kits are made from. If rubber, then I'm interested! I don't need or want Poly because this is just a street car.

No kit....but

You can still buy individual parts made with rubber.

LCA bushings from Moog, made in Japan...PN...... K9170

Tension rod bushings....Moog...PN...101-3850

Moog sway bar kit.........

The Moog ball joints are also made in Japan

Good luck getting Moog ball joints. You will open the box and it wont be moog... I have heard this if ordered from a few places...

Hmmmm....guess I lucked out

I just bought some.......Moog/Made In Japan

Although....relative to the cost I paid...it should be... :D

Ok I'm a dork. These parts are now sold on eBay and apparently one or both guys are Ratsun members. Delrin bushings.

To do both tension rod and idler (?) bushings is cheap so I think I'll try em out. I hear the opinion on too stiff with these materials but I want to give it a whirl

As long as I'm under there, how many ball jointy bits are there? Two actual, four tie rod ends, and some steering one?