Calling Steroid need pics of stepside marroon 620 Zeplin on hood

hosestop@msn.com

Hi have the guy here who built bad ass truck with houses of holy Led Zeplin on hood and asian pic on rear tailgate of  marroon STEPSIDE 620 with tru spokes, 1976 build until 1978 was in a bunch of magazines we are trying to find more info , guy in La Mirada ,California bought it and showed it after that, and has hood in garage maybe still ? thanks Steroid you are king of 620s.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok truck mag. collectors please find oics for my buddy ,again Houses of Holy block picture air brushed on hood with kids climbing rock pile(for better id) on sick marroon stepside with tru-spokes ,1977-1978 truckin mag. thanks , Brad hosestop/Alleycatgarage the truck hunter !

I did see that truck at at least one show. I am sure I photographed it. I looked through My 3000 scans on Photobucket and could not find it. I do, however, own the Truckin' Magazine that it was in. When I get back home I will track it down. Most issues pop up on Ebay if He wants to buy a copy after I find the month and page it was on. Thats about the best I can do today while I am out of town. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brad,

Here it is:

orientalflare2_zps0427f96f.jpg

orientalflare1_zpse0ba76d3.jpg

Truckin' Magazine July 1978, pages 52 and 53.

I wish I had a better scanner. One day I will but this will have to do for now. Ironically, this is the same issue Kevin Koepsell's chopped blue/flamed 620 was in.Kevin's truck is on the cover. This issue is easily found on ebay. 

No, that is not a Vega rear bumper. California Stepside supplied those with the kit. On another thread is an original ad showing them coming with the bed kit. The Vega wagon bumper is smaller and the license plate area "tighter", if You will, to the license plate and frame. Compare to My dually pics. Also, that is an early CSS kit. Later kits were sold with wider "flared" fenders. Look at the orange truck's fenders on Moody's thread.

No, that is not a Vega rear bumper. California Stepside supplied those with the kit. On another thread is an original ad showing them coming with the bed kit. 

It is? Hmm,didn't remember that. I still want one. Mine has a small step bumper that's about as wide as the space between the inside of the fenders.