GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

u still need to give me a ride in ur goon goki!! im not sure if i wanna start working on a ka to put in my goon after my 18 dies or not

I'll give you a ride in it as soon as my buddy looks at it and smooths out something for me.

We're triplets on here! 3 white goons :P

ーゴキ

a little while ago the wastegate flange (along with the wastegate of course) sheared off my exhaust manifold so the goon has been out of service. I'm going to get it rewelded asap and also buy a front sway bar. It NEEDS a fsb!!

300whp and no front sway bar in a 2200lb car make it a handful, it's all over the place

Hello all.

1st post here. Thought I'd post a picture of my wagon. I've owned her for 4 years now. Have not been able to do much if anything buy buy some parts. I hope that gets to change now. I have some rust to fix. No drive train at all. I'd like to do the SR install. but thats down the road. I need to get the rubber for the glass. Body 1st then all the other stuff...

But here are a couple pictures.

69510RFcorner.jpg

DSCN2296.JPG

on my search to find fender mirrors i stumbled across this goon!!! :D :D

049.jpg

two different fender mirrors?! :blink:

Anyways, as I was explaining via text... you have to make sure the fender mirrors clear the hood (bonnet) when you open it, so choose something that has enough angle. You can go to Moon Eyes (they're local to us soCAL people) and ask to see it and hold it up against your fender...

just my $0.02 because I bought a pair and it didn't clear the hood, so I had to go to Moon Eyes to exchange it. I was sad :(

ーゴキ

Okay this thread is way to long.

I must leave my mark on it.

Current pictures of both my GOONS

1971 Datsun 510

1982 Datsun Maxima Diesel

I drive the Maxima Daily when more than 2 seats are needed. Otherwise I drive my 260Z which isnt pictured.

Welcome DatsunMotorSports!

Your name fits perfectly with the other sticker I made...DATSMO (along with a fellow from Australia who has the name "datsmo"! hahaha :lol:

The GOON SQUAD welcomes you!

What have you done to the 510? How long have you had it?

I'm totally diggin' your 82 Maxima diesel! That's one of my favorite more "modern" goons! I'd love to have one and convert it to a veggie-running goon! :P

...I also have too many cars already :D

ーゴキ

two different fender mirrors?! :blink:

Anyways, as I was explaining via text... you have to make sure the fender mirrors clear the hood (bonnet) when you open it, so choose something that has enough angle. You can go to Moon Eyes (they're local to us soCAL people) and ask to see it and hold it up against your fender...

just my $0.02 because I bought a pair and it didn't clear the hood, so I had to go to Moon Eyes to exchange it. I was sad :(

ーゴキ

Josh.

How much do they get for a set for my Z car. And do they have them in stock at the store in norwalk?

Hi Fixer and welcome to the GOON SQUAD! Awesome that your first post is an introduction of yourself AND show pics! Everyone likes you already! :)

Thanks... not much of an introduction though.

I've been on the BB list since I got my 1st itch for a Datsun in 96.... We had had a 70 240z that my mom purchased from Ontario Motor Speedway in So. Cal. Literally grew up in that car. It was blue/white...found out it was 1 of 7. Only saw one other. We (pops) wrapped it around a boulder with the so. cal z car club on a run out to....some desert in so cal. I cannot remember which one. It was a long time ago. I've had a few 2dr's, 1 4dr and 3 wagons. Got into Dimes from my best friend who had a 68 wagon. My last wagon ended up in the PNW... I think Carter B ended up with it.... so yeah, past 7 years I've spent helping build the Hyundai aftermarket. Have not had much time to mess with dimes. But I build one of the better known Tiburons in the US. 260whp 220tq. Shes a blast to drive. Recently I had a pretty customized 2007 ZX-10r stolen, so I'm on to the dime. They are what got me into working on cars..so its time to do one up right.

Purchased my 69 as a rolling chassis from a guy in El Monte, Ca. brought it out here and yeah, its just sat. Purchased some items for it but I'm getting ready to fix some rust. and get it paint ready. Other plans....just getting her up and running (SR20) and looking good/reliable.

Think that's about it. I'm re learning all the 510 stuff again....woo hoo....

Couple Pictures.....

profilepic488_1.gif

My rust problem..

Rust-RF-Rail.JPG

so im planning on putting fender mirrors on the goon and not sure what i wanna run.. im stuck betwwen these two... any opinions

what about the nissan hard body ones(where can I find these)? Thats what I want back on mine. but wont work with the fender mounts...I dont think.