New 510 owner

Hi, just got my first 510 and wanted to post some pics.

I must say though, this forum helped me tremendously in my decision to buy this car.

The car is pretty much original except the previous owner painted a couple of the doors and the hood-all in the original color of course. All the chrome trims are intact and the original interior is pretty good except for a tear on the front driver's seat. All that's missing is the original stereo. It still has the L16 and a 4 speed gear box. It actually came with AC but has an after market compressor. It also has two set of rim caps and new tires.

I've also acquired a dog-leg gearbox and a 240z differential. DMV was very good at giving me cool plates too.

Thanks guys.

1972Datsun510RightsideFront.jpg

1972Datsun510LeftsideFront.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thatguy: it's in the garage for the next couple of weeks while I work on my other priorities ie our house. My plans however are to keep the stock look as much as possible, new aftermarket wheels, new sports steering wheel, headers and clutch fan on the L16, and replace/fix drivers seat. Oh, I've got to replace the whole exhaust system; the original is pretty much shot.

I've always wanted to own a 240z however, so we can never tell what's going to happen.

All the best.

• 3 weeks later...