HP???

73DATSON

Yesterday I went and played with my 75 hp in the rain. Was pulling so many G's that I ripped a bolt through the seat rail :rofl:

Then a blondie in a volvo pulled right out in front of me from a stop sign. Sent 620 sideways for a good 45 ft. Disaster averted.

Thank god your ratsun was Under Power:-))))

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha well along with an engine swap I'm upgrading to disk and maybe abs. 

The spot where I almost creamed the volvo is on the front corner of my house. There's a wreck there every few months. I've seen 2 wrecks there in one week before. 

I'm fortunate I didn't wreck. She rolled through the stopsign at about 5 mph. Never even looked my way. I braked hard and still had traction but she was still going 5 mph. I locked them up and missed her by a good 8 inches before she finally started to accelerate. Kept a good angle and straight path. I'd rate it a 6/10. I could have recovered but I had to stop and breathe. Gave a wave to the flat black 370Z with no lights on behind me and went about my business. The woman didn't know a thing. Couldn't honk the horn and have both hands on the wheel. But that's a good thing because she would have probably stopped and gotten hit. 

I'm a rotary fan but a 20B in a 240z is a waste to me. Not like the engine isn't good enough so much as the z has so much hood its like a waste of space lol. the Z deserves nothing short of a 4 rotor imho. 

• Like 1

Hey I know we all have reason on why we own a Datsun. Some of us like the history, the box shape, or the look of a poor man bimmer:-))). But for me, I'm a speed freak:-)))) since i Was 13 I road bikes. All kind. I still have two left. A 2002 DUC998S and MV4 both Italian bikes. But I got married and like everything in life comes to a end:-((( when you can hit 200mph on a bike driving cars not so much fun!!!! I got the Datsun cause it was one of my first car when I was a kid@15. So I alway love the car. But now that I have a MONSTER inside of me I need to make this car SEEM OR FEEL LIKE ITS DOING 200:-))) so for now the 13b seem to give the most for the buck I'm in:-))) ( JET ENGINE) would be nice:-)))

Hey I know we all have reason on why we own a Datsun. Some of us like the history, the box shape, or the look of a poor man bimmer:-))). But for me, I'm a speed freak:-)))) since i Was 13 I road bikes. All kind. I still have two left. A 2002 DUC998S and MV4 both Italian bikes. But I got married and like everything in life comes to a end:-((( when you can hit 200mph on a bike driving cars not so much fun!!!! I got the Datsun cause it was one of my first car when I was a kid@15. So I alway love the car. But now that I have a MONSTER inside of me I need to make this car SEEM OR FEEL LIKE ITS DOING 200:-))) so for now the 13b seem to give the most for the buck I'm in:-))) ( JET ENGINE) would be nice:-)))

You have an MV Agusta? I thought you had to be a kajillionair to have one of those. Funny, everyone thinks Peter Fonda is a big Harley guy. He doesnt even own one. He rides an MV Agusta.

You have an MV Agusta? I thought you had to be a kajillionair to have one of those. Funny, everyone thinks Peter Fonda is a big Harley guy. He doesnt even own one. He rides an MV Agusta.

Yea my MV4 is only a 750 but its tune to the BALLS!! I eat up 1000's I got it from a guy that racers AMA for Kawasaki Team.

I'm a rotary fan but a 20B in a 240z is a waste to me. Not like the engine isn't good enough so much as the z has so much hood its like a waste of space lol. the Z deserves nothing short of a 4 rotor imho. 

You can find a 20B, a 26B might Be found in a 747B lol

Numbers are great and it seems most people are aiming for squeezing as much power as possible within their budget. I like the idea of big numbers in my dime, however as I have gotten to tune my 510 (L18) and ride/drive other peoples swapped 510s. I consider my 'wants' with my 'needs' and find myself leaning towards a more balanced build. Funny enough living in the NW I have not been able to drive or ride in many other L-series 510s. I bought my 510 with a obviously well used roughly running L18+Su's (L20b Cam), matchbox, dogleg 5sp, & stock diff. I have now tuned the engine, re-built the carbs, installed a 88' suby LSD, & an electric fan. I haven't timed my quarter mile or dyno'd but I will tell you it is FUN! I get up to freeway speeds faster than most other people without trying and keep a steady 70mph @ 4k in 5'th with power to spare. I dont race, drift, or rally my car but when a little fun is possible out in the sticks I can get sideways with no effort and just pulled off a 1080' with proper entrance and exit with no cones hit. I run bfgoodritch 205 tires front and back, and this little L18 roasts them! Admitting my desire for a little more gusto I am building a carbed N.A. KA24DE for the finishing touch on my dime before a 3 year road trip. I honestly love my Datsuns more than any other car I have owned. A street rocket sounds like a blast but these cars have a way of becoming a joy to drive/rally/race regardless of 'numbers'. So short of race specific or 'build it because I can' I think the most important HP is once you drive your Datsun and get "that" feeling! 

/Rant

So what your sayin is your building a carb'd KA?!   I want build thread.

P.S.  I want to get my ka dynoed just to make sure I didn't loose HP lol  but seriously I would like to see what it does, just hate that the dynos are innacurate like people have been sayin.

Ka24e SOHC Fresh rebuild

R1 carbs

Home built header

2" exhaust

Matchbox dizzy

11lb flywheel

Stock internals (want nismo cam)

I'd like to see what it does.

Photo-1-78_zps2ec49e9e.jpg

edit...old pic sucked

So what your sayin is your building a carb'd KA?! I want build thread.

Hey that a sweet engine:-)

P.S. I want to get my ka dynoed just to make sure I didn't loose HP lol but seriously I would like to see what it does, just hate that the dynos are innacurate like people have been sayin.

Ka24e SOHC Fresh rebuild

R1 carbs

Home built header

2" exhaust

Matchbox dizzy

11lb flywheel

Stock internals (want nismo cam)

I'd like to see what it does.

54E9897C-DD56-43CD-8A8B-DA7986F6FAF8-316