A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! Right now my car is in everett. Still needs a ton of work. I've been going to Everett every weekend to work on it. I think in a week or two I'll drive it down here. Next weekends project is to change fluids and get it as clean as possible. Also going to make my own side panels.

The narrow ones are riveted on, sometimes screwed on, in addition to being stuck on with glue or double-backed tape.  The wide style was simply glued on.  I've had both.  I've never had an A10 that didn't have one version or the other at least originally, though one car had it all stripped off leaving the glue and backing tape where it had been. 

I prefer keeping the run strips as long as they're located in the right place, as they do prevent door dings.  Plus, to me they look "right" and A10s without them (particularly wagons) look slab-sided.  But that's just me; I'm used to seeing them WITH them.

A friend of mine suggested that instead of fixing the holes that after painting it I put big industrial like Rivets. Think that might look cool. Big line of industrial rivets. That or leave the trim on and instead of putting the rubber back in I put a led strip in there.

A friend of mine suggested that instead of fixing the holes that after painting it I put big industrial like Rivets.

leave the trim on and instead of putting the rubber back in I put a led strip in there.

Seldom you read two really bad ideas in one post...   :rofl:

I think your friend wants people to laugh at you.   ^_^

• Like 1

Not so much...

How do you guys say it looks like shit??

With all the little dings and dents from the years that strip seems to draw attention from all those shitty looking dings...

It's not like I'm saying "Hey, that's stylish..." but it helps hide the dings and dents, and protect from more of them!

• Like 1

How do you guys say it looks like shit??

Like this: It looks like shit.   B)

With all the little dings and dents from the years that strip seems to draw attention from all those shitty looking dings...

It's not like I'm saying "Hey, that's stylish..." but it helps hide the dings and dents, and protect from more of them!

No one said it wasn't functional...  :rofl:

But if the designer wanted one there he'd have put one there. It spoils the lines. 

Sure it's functional and it works and it looks like shit. Same as curb feelers, remember them? Little wire things that stick out on the passenger side and make noise when you park too close to the curb. They warn you that you are close to the curb so you don't scrub the white walls off. They work and they look like shit. And are for those who are parking challenged.

curb-feelers-on-car.jpg

Who cares? Run them if you like them, not the end of the world. I don't care for them.

Like this: It looks like shit.   B)

No one said it wasn't functional...  :rofl:

But if the designer wanted one there he'd have put one there. It spoils the lines. 

says the 610 owner

• Like 1