Ratsun Quote feature broken

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Just noticed today. It no longer puts the quote in a box, so it looks like people are repeating previous quotes.

Just noticed today. It no longer puts the quote in a box, so it looks like people are repeating previous quotes.

X2

Actually complaints often speed up fixes, is what I learned having worked in software and Web site management for nearly 20 years.

Have you reported the update problem to IP.Board? They shouldn't be messing with features like that unless the change is clearly spelled out -- and if it is, then it's not a problem it's a feature (even if a disliked feature).

I hope you don't get upset with our comments, after all communication with your customers (Ratsun members in this case) is what make happy customers.

This is the shit I deal with at work... Every fucking day.

We've got the right people on the job.. Give them your support and they will actually enjoy getting this fixed for us. Would you rather have to spend an extra second to dissect a block of quoted text or stare at an offline message for the next few days. Be happy with what you've got and the rest will come along shortly I'm sure.

Actually complaints often speed up fixes, is what I learned having worked in software and Web site management for nearly 20 years.Have you reported the update problem to IP.Board? They shouldn't be messing with features like that unless the change is clearly spelled out -- and if it is, then it's not a problem it's a feature (even if a disliked feature).I hope you don't get upset with our comments, after all communication with your customers (Ratsun members in this case) is what make happy customers.

Actually, you've brought up a good point. If there was a public section on the site for site issues/announcements it would limit threads like this.

• Like 1

Actually, you've brought up a good point. If there was a public section on the site for site issues/announcements it would limit threads like this.

Thats very true.  Id like to see a NEWS section as well so n00bs know where to look before they post that Datsun is coming back for the 7 millionth time. 

caring about keeping a forum running smoothly and caring about your personal opinion...

... are two very different things.

our jobs are not to cater to you or to make everyone happy.

its to moderate and keep things running.

Ratsun has 13,549 members....

theres going to be a few that dont like the way we do our jobs.

or a few that dont like us personally.

and thats their problem.

• Like 1

The first time it was reported it was probably a nice response.. After the 29th time it starts to wear on you.

pretty much.

theres a ton of people on Ratsun... how many do you think have told us about it already?

we heard... its being worked on.

no amount of complaining will make that go any faster.

no matter how much you want it to.

The first time it was reported it was probably a nice response.. After the 29th time it starts to wear on you.

This is where a NEWS section would be nice. I dont see that being a huge issue to implement... you could make it "NEWS and Site Suggestions" or something. Would curb 400 pms on the same subject. 

caring about keeping a forum running smoothly and caring about your personal opinion...

... are two very different things.

our jobs are not to cater to you or to make everyone happy.

its to moderate and keep things running.

Ratsun has 13,549 members....

theres going to be a few that dont like the way we do our jobs.

Lets be more realistic... those arent active members. I bet theres only about 50 active members; the same people post all the time.