For Sale - L20B Engine - Rebuilt - U67 Head - SOLD

EDIT:  This Engine is SOLD!

I have an L20B engine that came with a project car turned parts car. The car is long gone. The guy I got it from says it was rebuilt. I just pulled the valve cover and all of it certainly looks to be new or rebuilt. It is very clean and complete. Since I don't know any specs or details of the rebuild, I am selling it as is. It looks to have a new centerforce clutch too. Come with alternator, Water Pump and Dizzy installed.

photo38.jpg

photo234.jpg

photo111.jpg

L20B_1.jpg
L20B_2.jpg

L20B_3.jpg
L20B_4.jpg

L20B_5.jpg
L20B_6.jpg

L20B_7.jpg
L20B_8.jpg

L20B_9.jpg
L20B_10.jpg

L20B_11.jpg
L20B_12.jpg

Willing to strap it to a pallet and shrink wrap it for you. May be willing to drop it off at a terminal for a fee.

email me at qwik510@aol.com

Can pick up local in Maryland, suburbs of Washington, DC.

Sold As-Is.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what head is on it?

U67

Head surfaces look clean on the intake/exhaust ports. I can't get this but curious. Any way to pull the valve cover and give everyone a peek at the inside of the head?

Done.

Post has been edited to include new pics and more description.

Are you willing to part out the centerforce clutch and the camshaft?

Do you know whats the duration of the camshaft and what stage is the cnterforce clutch?

Sorry I would not part out this engine. It looks ready for someone.

Kind of surprised it is still available.

Must be the holidays or the economy.

I will pull the valve cover again and get the specs on the cam.

About 95 to the wheels. (that's on a good day) My 710 says 110 hp but this was when hp was measures at the crank. Makers would do anything to inflate their numbers. Even running without water pumps. Now they are measured with all accessories water pump, alternator, power steering, air pumps etc. Roughly there is about a 17% RWD drive line loss. This can be + - but if someone says their motor makes 220 hp it's really 182.6 at the rear wheels. Always compare apples to apples.

• Like 1

Sorry I would not part out this engine. It looks ready for someone.

Kind of surprised it is still available.

Must be the holidays or the economy.

I will pull the valve cover again and get the specs on the cam.

Would assume a stock spec cam.........(?).....being that stock lash pads are being used.

L20B_8.jpg

Also notice 1 rocker has been replaced.......but.....here nor there

Good price!!!............GLWS.................. :)

TTT

About 95 to the wheels. (that's on a good day) My 710 says 110 hp but this was when hp was measures at the crank. Makers would do anything to inflate their numbers. Even running without water pumps. Now they are measured with all accessories water pump, alternator, power steering, air pumps etc. Roughly there is about a 17% RWD drive line loss. This can be + - but if someone says their motor makes 220 hp it's really 182.6 at the rear wheels. Always compare apples to apples.

Sweet dude, thanks. Ive been wanting to put one of these in my 521 since I bought it.

I have had issues finding a good company to give me accurate quotes. 

So far, to ship it to the west coast I have been quoted, from terminal to terminal (meaning you would need to go and get it at the trucking terminal nearest you) 

$435

I would strap it to a pallet and shrink wrap it and deliver it to my nearest terminal for $50

Or they can come and get it at my place and I will not charge to get the pallet ready to ship.

Really ? Last Dyno on pretty much same engine , mine was 148HP ( 125 to RW). I do have a Custom Cam, running Dual SU's 46mm. Balanced bottom end.  Hard to tell on this one without specs. But it could be anywhere in Mikes or my HP range .

Thats a clean motor and you should sell it whole.

That is a after market cam as I can tell by the back plug and the 2 other holes.

at that price Why devalue the motor more by piecing it out(more work)

No plans to part it out. Just seems most of the buyers are on the left coast.  Shipping is not cheap. 

Motor is priced well. I have seen rebuild-able L20Bs sell for $200 to $300. If anyone on the east coast needs one, Shipping will be more reasonable.

watch what you say aboot the Best Coast! :sneaky:

Lets not start a which coast is better rant. :geek:

I was just saying that most buyers that have contacted me are on the west coast and shipping from the east coast is not cheap.