WTB: 620 vent windows!!

Well, in the hopes of doing something cool I pulled some 521 vent windows planning to install them on my 620.

Big surprise, they don't quite fit.

So now I'm debating trying to track down some 620 vent windows from South America, or trying to bend these to fit.... or....?

Yea, but I'm after vent windows for my 620!

So if any of you guys have some and would be down to trade for some 521 vent windows, please let me know!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, so I'm looking for a lot of things for my 620 now, of those things I am very much after a pair of vent windows/side glass.

So if you know of any way I can get 620 vent windows up to Northern California, by all means, please tell me!

Thanks!!

Well, in the hopes of doing something cool I pulled some 521 vent windows planning to install them on my 620.

Big surprise, they don't quite fit.

So now I'm debating trying to track down some 620 vent windows from South America, or trying to bend these to fit.... or....?

Yea, but I'm after vent windows for my 620!

So if any of you guys have some and would be down to trade for some 521 vent windows, please let me know!

Look on Australia ebay, all I see now is the wingwindow rubber, but I have seen the complete assemblies before.

Why vent windows?They look cool and all but the rubbers dont last worth a crap and by the way to swap in 521 vent windows,lets just say i got over 400.00 in my rubbers alone and they dont fit factory perfect.I want to switch my truck to single windows,Its cleaner less moving parts no vent window springs to go bad.That's just me though.Good luck doing your project. :thumbup:

True about the sound. My Dart would seal up after a couple of weeks of driving but I would have to yell at any passenger who would try and open it. Sometimes they were too quick and they would open it while my head was turned. Once opened and closed it would again whistle for weeks until it re sealed again. They were a shitty idea.

It was also common for thieves to smash in the vent window to get at the door lock or handle without having to break the whole window.

Older cars would have a matchbook stuffed under the lock to hold it tighter against the rubber to 'prevent' it whistling. Yeah that works.

Air con or auto theft? but where I live air con is common but not really needed so that seems odd to me. Rolling a later window does the same thing as a vent window except you don't get a blast of inward air when the vent is turned all the way round.

it's got to be way way cheaper to make cars without the wing windows.

This. B)

And while I don't think it was done to push AC sales, I do think the availability of AC made them less needed. :thumbup:

And as stated, around that time car companies started making cars quieter and quieter, and this was one more thing that made them hell of noisy.

Odd side note, weird that 1200s have them and 510s don't (since 510s came out 3 years earlier). Maybe because 99% of 1200s didn't have AC and lots of 510s did?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.