Canby Rocked!

Just wanted to tell everybody ithought Canby was great! My kids and girlfriend had a good time too. The cars and trucks were truely inspiring for me! Mike's pickup was the best IMO. I didn't see any other 710's but i was only there for a lil bit on Saturday so maybe i missed them? I even drew a rising sun in the dust on my hood, i think it was actually kinda cool myself. Thanks everyone who showed. NWO

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good time, I didn't get to meet enough Ratsun folks because I didn't know who I was looking for.

I hear ya. I was in the same boat. Did get to meet a small handfull though. That was cool. Saw a small handfull of Ratsun.net shirts on Sunday.

$hit load of 510's!! A few that made me drool when looking at the attention to detail that some those cars were built with. Would like to have a seen more trucks.

Next year I'll have my KC in there for sure. BTW: Nice truck Klotz!:thumbup:

Guest 510kamikazifreak
, I didn't get to meet enough Ratsun folks because I didn't know who I was looking for. I sold 808DA6 an engine and got to meet him and Nelson. Great time, nice weather, nice cars.

Ditto,

Some Awesome cars for sure ,met a couple Ratsuners,

Lots of bench racing going on there this weekend:cool:

The campfire was the greatest:eek::lol:

Did the guys in the b210 that got the hard luck trophy make it home alright,

We saw them at a service station,(had to pull off the I-5,Was a accident and traffic was abasically at a standstill)

Guest 510kamikazifreak
that accident was total crap. When I saw it, it was off to the side of the road on the southbound lanes. That whole mess going northbound was just from people slowing down to look. Once the chain starts it lasts a long time. :(

Yes it was crap..

Di you get to see the Northbound accidents caused by the southbound one??

Canby was awesome my girlfriend and I enjoyed it and will be coming again. Nice pictures also Bleach wish I would have had a chance to meet you , I had the pleasure of meeting alot of nice NW people as well as a few guys from Ratsun. all and all well worth the 1200 total miles driven

I actually had a blast, and met some fellow ratsun members "figbuck" is a character for sure! Saw a lot of 510's that make me really want one! Loved coming in as a caravan also, wished I could've met more of the guys in the caravan, but oh well.;)

Great show, thanks to everybody who put it on.

Kick ass time for sure!We even managed to make the traffic backup fun when we met up with Ice and the crew for "Flash Sunday" under the overpass.I would have been suprised if there wasnt a backup on I5 on a sunday.I honestly cant remember a time coming back from Oregon without one,other than coming back from blue lake at midnight last year.They are usually a rubbernecker fest too!

It was cool to hang out with some fellow ratsuners in real life.Maybe we should post up pictures of ourselves so we know who is who at the shows.I feel like an ass because I dont remember some folks by face when I am chatting with them and its weird to ask what your cyber name is.

Too bad I wont be at blue lake but Canby was definitely da shiznit!So was the $6 steak dinner at the TA TA bar on saturday!:D

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Canby was good. A little too hot at 80 degrees, but I won't complain :-)

There was no accident on I-5 8pm-11pm when I returned ... except for the one I was in ...

What happened ?

Hope everything is ok .

I was on I-5 heading home and suddenly made a U-turn at 70 mph! Crikey, that was close. It was a good old fashioned tire blowout, which I have heard about, but never experienced before.

My Datsun was in the passing lane, and skidded (backwards) across the middle, though the right lane and over into offramp lane. I thought the car was going to flip and roll, but it did not. I had the spare on before two nice policeman arrived. They helped me turn around without getting hit by traffic.

Guys, if the car starts swaying, it might not be the wind. It might be a leak in the tire. Stop and check it out, don't keep driving like I did! I figured it was just a strong headwind as we were going parallel to the Columbia between Vancouver and Kelso.

Guest 510kamikazifreak
I was on I-5 heading home and suddenly made a U-turn at 70 mph! Crikey, that was close. It was a good old fashioned tire blowout, which I have heard about, but never experienced before.

My Datsun was in the passing lane, and skidded (backwards) across the middle, though the right lane and over into offramp lane. I thought the car was going to flip and roll, but it did not. I had the spare on before two nice policeman arrived. They helped me turn around without getting hit by traffic.

Guys, if the car starts swaying, it might not be the wind. It might be a leak in the tire. Stop and check it out, don't keep driving like I did! I figured it was just a strong headwind as we were going parallel to the Columbia between Vancouver and Kelso.

:eek:

Well good thing you are ok,

Betcha it scared the crap out of you and your passenger(s)

Thanks 5F. Oh yes we were scared, but everyone was OK, we missed hitting any other cars.

Canby 2008 was great. There were cars driven down from Canada and up from California. For next year, think about going. This and JCCS (october in LA) are probably the top meets now.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Canby 2008 was great. There were cars driven down from Canada and up from California. For next year, think about going. This and JCCS (october in LA) are probably the top meets now.

It sure was,

We were one of the cars from Canada.

I think there were 5 (cars) in total.