My 1973 620 Project

confusion

Hey guys this is my 620 project, right now the interior is cmpletely gutted (in the process of glassing the dash and doing the rest of it) and i am doing the body work. i am planning a ka swap, and to icehouse, that was a great write up, but right now i will post the pics i have.

i also aquired some us indy slot mags, 14x6 up front an 15x8.5 out back, but am polishing them and putting tires on them right now. will post updates

mydatsun011.jpg

mydatsun010.jpg

mydatsun009.jpg

mydatsun008.jpg

mydatsun007.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing says 'BACK OFF!' like double barreled exhaust. I like it too.

most of it is og but its getting re-painted hopefully soon. and thanks for the comments on the exhaust, it is pretty neat. it is straight 2.25" with a 24" glasspack. back-pops like crazy on decelleration. i am located in san bernardino county

Thats cool! Im in the high desert, Heperia:)! Could you make it to JCCS this year....all the SWDP guys will be there:D! Gotta love the Glasspacks, I have '18 Packs on my blue '74 620 and the truck Back pops like crazy on Decelleration and down shifting too:cool:! Love the Old School:cool:!!

Thats cool! Im in the high desert, Heperia:)! Could you make it to JCCS this year....all the SWDP guys will be there:D! Gotta love the Glasspacks, I have '18 Packs on my blue '74 620 and the truck Back pops like crazy on Decelleration and down shifting too:cool:! Love the Old School:cool:!!

when and where is jccs?

sometime we'll have to meet up

JCCS will be on October 12th in Irvine Ca. At Hidden Valley Park:D. Getting together sounds cool....Theirs a Couple Of local Guys in our Area We should all meet up for a Local hangout or BarbQue! That would be cool:)!

definitely, that would be neat, maybe a lil sat. get together in san bernardino or out at silverwood lake or something

Hey!!! Welcome to the site!!! Here's where We are............

Mark San Diego

Jason Hesperia

Chris Hemet

Guy Rialto

Ron & Ray (WHO???) Corona

Richard Riverside

Tom Phoenix (but We'll get Him over into Cali SOMEDAY!!)

And Me, Mike, I'm in Bullhead City Az after moving from Barstow.

There's a couple other "members" but they haven't answered emails HINT ! HINT !

You'll like Our "club". It isn't really a club at all. No dues, no rules, no attitudes just Datsun truck "maniacs" hanging out at events once in a while. You'll have to find another place for Your license plate, though, if You join!!

I get over into "Cali" a few times a year. Actually, I will be making a visit in July. Possibly into Mexico looking for junkyards during one weekday.

There are so many places in S.B. county for a Bar-B-Que. Maybe a drive up to Crestline or another cooler spot would be an idea. Also (for those of Us comoing a long ways) maybe schedule the Bar-B-Que on a Saturday and then maybe something like going as a group to the Pomona Swap Meet the next day............ http://www.pomonaswapmeet.com/future_events.php

In other words......... Make it not just a one day thing but driving to/get together on Saturday. Maybe going to a place to swim (motel??) and "happy hour" during the evening and an event or car show the next day on Sunday. A full weekend of 620 madness!!!!

Hey Confusion.. Read the "Southwest Suprize" thread. It tells all about SWDP. Also, it is Jeremy who We haven't heard from. Anyone know Him, His email, or a phone number for Him??? That thread was on "General Discussion".

Confusion welcome to Ratsun. Your 620 is looking good. Yeah id be down for a BBQ/SWDP meet you guys just name the time & location. Like Mike said..we formed this group last year & the goal is to have fun & attend a few shows each year as a group. No pressure at all BTW & we'd love to have you aboard. Mike dont forget about Darrin who lives in Indio, he has the tan 521 :D

Hey!!! Welcome to the site!!! Here's where We are............

Mark San Diego

Jason Hesperia

Chris Hemet

Guy Rialto

Ron & Ray (WHO???) Corona

Richard Riverside

Tom Phoenix (but We'll get Him over into Cali SOMEDAY!!)

And Me, Mike, I'm in Bullhead City Az after moving from Barstow.

There's a couple other "members" but they haven't answered emails HINT ! HINT !

You'll like Our "club". It isn't really a club at all. No dues, no rules, no attitudes just Datsun truck "maniacs" hanging out at events once in a while. You'll have to find another place for Your license plate, though, if You join!!

I get over into "Cali" a few times a year. Actually, I will be making a visit in July. Possibly into Mexico looking for junkyards during one weekday.

There are so many places in S.B. county for a Bar-B-Que. Maybe a drive up to Crestline or another cooler spot would be an idea. Also (for those of Us comoing a long ways) maybe schedule the Bar-B-Que on a Saturday and then maybe something like going as a group to the Pomona Swap Meet the next day............ http://www.pomonaswapmeet.com/future_events.php

In other words......... Make it not just a one day thing but driving to/get together on Saturday. Maybe going to a place to swim (motel??) and "happy hour" during the evening and an event or car show the next day on Sunday. A full weekend of 620 madness!!!!

that sounds fine to me, im up for a get together. My name is Randy btw. lol. if you guys set something up i will def be there. as far as the "club", i love it. no "starchy" rules, just a bunch of enthusiast.

Hey Confusion.. Read the "Southwest Suprize" thread. It tells all about SWDP. Also, it is Jeremy who We haven't heard from. Anyone know Him, His email, or a phone number for Him??? That thread was on "General Discussion".

i read the thread and it was very interesting. funny thing is i grew up next door to a guy who had a cherry 73 620 that was kinda my inspiration for this truck. when i showed him he started telling me that he was a part of the original socal datsun truck club that hung out at fontana datsun. i thought that was kinda neat

Confusion welcome to Ratsun. Your 620 is looking good. Yeah id be down for a BBQ/SWDP meet you guys just name the time & location. Like Mike said..we formed this group last year & the goal is to have fun & attend a few shows each year as a group. No pressure at all BTW & we'd love to have you aboard. Mike dont forget about Darrin who lives in Indio, he has the tan 521 :D

thanks, it has a long way to go, but it looks a lot better than when i picked it up. lol

His name isn't Joe Mollis, by chance is it? There waere a few other SCDP guys that I've tracked down recently. I have photos of most of Their trucks. Do You remember the truck's color or do You mind giving Me His name? Thanks, Mike

His name isn't Joe Mollis, by chance is it? There waere a few other SCDP guys that I've tracked down recently. I have photos of most of Their trucks. Do You remember the truck's color or do You mind giving Me His name? Thanks, Mike

his name is steve vaughn, he had an orange 73, and his brother was also in the club, his name vas larry vaughn and he had a yellow 76 with a yosemite sam mural on the tailgate.

this is steves truck brand new

stevestruckII.jpg