My 1973 620 Project

confusion

Cool!!! This sounds good guys:D!!! Lets get this Get together happening:D! How does Bonelli Park in San Dimas sound!? Lots of shade, Fishing and perfect for a BarbQue:) and pomona Swap Meet is just down the steet:)! What do you guys think???

thats fine for me. we would have to do it on aug 23rd and do the swap meet on the 24th, that is, if we wanted to do it in august

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!!! Welcome to the site!!! Here's where We are............

Mark San Diego

Jason Hesperia

Chris Hemet

Guy Rialto

Ron & Ray (WHO???) Corona

Richard Riverside

Tom Phoenix (but We'll get Him over into Cali SOMEDAY!!)

And Me, Mike, I'm in Bullhead City Az after moving from Barstow.

Mike: you moved Ray and I from Chino to Corona!..Hope my wife finds her way home ok...!!!LOL:mellow:

• Like 1

Hi Confusion. Yes ! ! ! I remember Steve's truck. I have a photo of it taken in May 1975 at My first minitruck run. Can You get Him/Them to come to the picnic? If not, will they let You borrow Their photos/album for the day? Joe Mollis still lives in the same house. Tell Steve that. Also, Joe Sarricino lives in Florida. You might tell Steve that Jim Knight has said that He will be at the picnic. Also, I just talked yesterday to another guy I hung out with in Escondido that had a truck. Maybe He'll make it too.

Hey Randy. I don't have time right now to scan that photo but there is one in the background already on the 620 Old Skool gallery. Go down to post #5 by Beebani, photo 7 down. There is the yellow Fontana Datsun with Steve's truck sitting right next to it. That photo was taken in May 1975 at The Great Escape run at Escape Country (which is more than likely all housing now) in the El Toro area. I do have another photo but it's too late to pull it out right now.

Well, I stand corrected. I should have looked closer. Maybe that was Steve's brother's truck. It is similiar, but not the same truck. I'm sure I have Steve's though. That is an early photo, about 1974 I would guess. By 1975 most of the Fontana guys had Fontana flares on the rear wheel openings. Ask Steve if He already had a spoiler on the front in that photo. The bush is blocking it. I'm DYING to see more of His photos!!!!

• Like 1

sorry it took so long to reply, i believe he did have a spoiler on the truck from a couple months after purchase. He never did flare his truck, and as far as photo albums, i have not got a chance to talk about that with him yet, although i have him searching for his original socal datsun pick-ups plaque

• 3 weeks later...
im almost half way done and spent probably 1.5 hrs total, its by no way a "nice" paint job, but kinda different. i like it

hehehe, take the hubcaps off and black out the wheels

:lol::lol::lol: