New member/210 owner here from Kentucky!

Been lurking for a bit. Finally registered and purchased my first Datsun last week. There is so much great info on here.

I snagged a 1980 210 off eBay last week that seems to be a really clean example to start off with. Should be delivered in about two weeks!

I already have big plans for the car; starting with an H190 200SX swap and some new wheels and sticky tires.

I look forward to my stay here and if anyone is around KY give me a shout! Datsuns seem to be few and far between here except for Zs.

Dustin

$T2eC16R,!)cE9s4PtHh3BQl9p,b3dw~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16FHJG8E9nyfmHWoBQmEM0Sfo!~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqNHJCEFBkUKE84RBQmEIFdNwg~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJCUFByqsdEpQBQmEOCwJug~~60_3.JPG

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

swapping the 200sx h190 on a 210 is the easy part. its locating one in the first place that people have problems with.

welcome

That seems to be the case so far. I can't recall ever even seeing an older 200SX around here in all my 30 years. Hoping that Craigslist might help me yield one. That's why I want to get that done before I even attempt anything else. I'll definitely be doing a build thread as well.

Elmer lives in KY as well. I'm sure he'll be happy to be in touch and know there's another fellow Datto owner somewhat in the area :thumbup: Welcome to Ratsun!

Nice! Looks like he is just over an hour away from me.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I will get some pics up this evening when I get to my computer. Posting from a phone right now.

SUPER CLEAN!!!! good grab man!

Thanks man! Looks like you have some nice builds going on. I'm looking forward to this one for sure. I haven't had a project car since I got out of high school (2000) I restored a 69 Porsche 912 and then sold it in 2002 and have regretted it every day since. Never have been financially able to buy anything else to build up so hopefully this will be my chance. Alas though I just started a new job that is already talking about a temporary lay off (of course!) and with the holidays and such coming up I won't be able to work on the 210 until this upcoming spring so it will be going into storage until then.

I am hoping to do sort of an auto-x/hill climb type car out of it to have some weekend fun with. I also need to figure out something to do with those super ugly bumpers! Ugh.

In the meantime, off-topic but here are two pictures of my old Porsche from 10 years ago:

porsche1w.jpg

porsche2c.jpg

Where in KY are you? I'm in Cincinnati Ohio.

Good looking 210. Wasn't from around here originally was it. Lol

And try www.car-part.com for your rear end searches.

I am about an hour south of Lexington. My late grandfather was from Erlanger that's right next door to you I do believe.

Thanks for the compliment on my 210. I did try car-part.com and I was immediately bombarded with about 5 messages and phones calls. I wrote down the names of all 5 and only one of them (from Louisiana) sounds legitimate. The others are all listed as an "F" rating with the BBB! Haha.... But hey one good lead is better than none.

I am entertaining the idea of put a Ford 7.5" in the back though with a Detroit True-Trac LSD. I have a guy right down the road

From me that's excellent with fabrication (builds Outlaw drag Mustangs for a living!) so he may do it for me. I just don't want to go screw up the suspension geometry of the car though.

I saw that 210 on ebay. Pretty sweet. Rare to find a car that age with an uncracked dash. I actually pulled parts from a 1980 over the last couple of weeks and that dash was clean. Didn't work with my 210 or I would've pulled that too. Welcome to Ratsun! Look forward to seeing more pics when it finally makes its way to you.