who here has body dropped ANYTHING and do you have pics?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Traditional Body drop of a 620

You will notice that i cut a little less out of the back wall so that there was about an inch of overlap (I figure that it would be a bit better than just butting the metal together and welding

P1000883.jpg

I had to replace alot of the floor thanks to our old friend rust.

I tried to avoid any crazy curves just for simplicity so I cut along straight along the floor, up the tunnel to the firewall, then straight across again and back down.

P1000885.jpg

P1000886.jpg

P1000887.jpg

Then the back wall and firewall all butted up nice and I was left with gaps along the side that needed to be filled in, and also half the floor due to rust

P1000888.jpg

P1000895.jpg

Here you can see the overlap

P1000923.jpg

P1000922.jpg

P1000921.jpg

P1000920.jpg

And then BAMM! 1 body dropped 620

P1010352.jpg

that 620 looks sweet on its ass. What happens to the steering after the body drop? looked like it would be aimed directly at your frank and beans once a seat goes in?

Or do you have to mod the end of the steering once you have it all sorted?

Where abouts in aus are you? got a link to a project buildup?

As you probly know fly, 620's here came out with a 1500, so I did a chassis swap so it actually has a 720 frame under it which gives me a L motor and a five speed; so I had to modify the column to mount it to the 620 firwall, I made it so it was pretty much where the wheel was originally and the bottom of the wheel was bout half an inch off the seat so it was pretty squishy, that being a 720 steering wheel which is smaller than the 620 wheel. And also there was little head room so I made the buckets sit as low as possible which gives me enough clearance.

If it were still on the 620 chassis and providing that the line cut is under the column, the column and steering wheel will essentially be however much lower equal to the size of the body drop = crushed nuts

P1000929.jpg

Let's keep my exact location a secret due to the lagality of things I am doing here, but I will tell you I am in Qland.

And there is no buildup. (Don't want to give too much away)

All good mate, queensland is the place to do it, no yearly inspection unlike nsw.

How hard was the transfer of the 620 cab onto the 720 chassis? any major issues?

I'm keen to get a 620 ute, but from what I've seen it's impossible to get a styleside tub, let alone a long bed. I'm not a fan of tray backs.

ahh man DWNSHFTR

dude i havent been on the forum for awhile.

and just reading the thread title from you.... priceless bro.:lol:

you havent changed much.

I'm going through hell right now in my life, .. but I now love reading your threads! you got big dreams, dont ever stop asking questions.

everytime someone tells you to search, just reply by saying "im adding to the searches of the future"

cuz now when noobs use the searchbox you'll be a celebrity "you've asked it all":blink:

dream_001_fortune_cookie.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, people really still do traditional body drops???

Heres the stockfloor we're working on for my buddies frontier on 22's. We havent gotten the cab on it yet, but i think we're only gonna have to raise the tranny tunnel about one inch. No losing headroom in a truck thats already small. Stock floor is the only way to body drop anymore :cool:

SSPX0411.jpg

SSPX0412.jpg

SSPX0414.jpg

I have a stupid question? If you body drop your truck is there really a need to bag it?

that ranger i bodydropped was only static dropped. i loved the way it looked but couldnt steer worth a damn especially with those low fender arches on the square body rangers and tuckin wheel. the rocker sat lower than my friends newer bagged ranger.:blink: i didnt bag it because i was 16 at the time and didnt have money to do it.

• 3 months later...
As you probly know fly, 620's here came out with a 1500, so I did a chassis swap so it actually has a 720 frame under it which gives me a L motor and a five speed; so I had to modify the column to mount it to the 620 firwall, I made it so it was pretty much where the wheel was originally and the bottom of the wheel was bout half an inch off the seat so it was pretty squishy, that being a 720 steering wheel which is smaller than the 620 wheel. And also there was little head room so I made the buckets sit as low as possible which gives me enough clearance.

If it were still on the 620 chassis and providing that the line cut is under the column, the column and steering wheel will essentially be however much lower equal to the size of the body drop = crushed nuts

P1000929.jpg

Let's keep my exact location a secret due to the lagality of things I am doing here, but I will tell you I am in Qland.

And there is no buildup. (Don't want to give too much away)

ouch,u going to add a tilt colum?

My younger bro has his BD'd truck for sale on fleabay right now. Item # 300265947427

If you have any ?'s let me know , we might be able to help also.

I couldn't post a direct link , I'm still new at this iPhone deal.

Edited by jefe de jefes