greetings all...pics are added

high winder

glad to find a site that has some folks who know a little about datsuns..

i have a 78' b210 that i've had about 8 yrs. i just rebuilt the motor for it and am working out a few bugs with timing,carb, etc. the next step is to do some body/paint work, just replaced the front and rear floor pans and what a PITA it was..

anyways thought i'd say hello and when i can get our home puter to load a pic i'll get some posted.

regards,

highwinder

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the tack was in it....and it works like a champ :thumbup:

the floor mats were a big buying plus and helped me make my decision.

with the rebuilt engine i'm getting about 29 mpg but can't seem to get the carb dialed in puurfect, i had it bored .20 over and wonder if that has anything to with it.

A .020 overbore won't make a lick of difference, just adds about 18 CCs to the engine size (less than 1.5% change). It is a cleanup method for unusually worn cylinders, and won't affect the carburetor.

29 mpg is about right a stock Weber 32/36. You can fine-tune the weber to increase the fuel economy, should be able to get 35 mpg by leaning out the main jets.

i've been tinkering with carb and just haven't been able to get it quite right following the tune up methods i got off of redline.. the lean just doesn't seem to make it run rich or lean within the two turns they stated in the instructions..i will turn it out a little more and see what happens.

maybe i should look into readjusting the valves

Yes, the two turns are simply the initial adjustment. With a running fully-warm engines, you must go however many turns it takes. If you turn the screw all the way in, it will lean out and die. If it doesn't do that then you have a vacuum leak.

Note that this will not change the "running rich" condition that affects fuel mileage. That requires a jet change. The adjusment screw is only for the idle and off-idle.

Adjusting the valves will not change rich/lean.