fuel pump block off plate?

i got a regulator and an electric fuel pump and will be installing in a few weeks. what do i do about the fuel pump hole? does someone make a plate or do i need to have one made? i have an extra nos pump so i could get a plate made off of that if need be. anything i need to know before i remove it?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All north Am Z20/22 (E or S) Had the block off plate. The hole was not hogged out on the Z24 head so no plate on them. Find one in a w/yard and it fits your wallet or back pocket.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/motorfuelpumpblockoffZ20Z22.jpg[/img]"]motorfuelpumpblockoffZ20Z22.jpg

Use the plastic spacer between the pump and the head to draw an outline and the two holes. Make it out of soft aluminum. BTW the L series pump will fit on the Z head. All you need is the L eccentric under the cam sprocket bolt to make it work..

i may just be getting another one of these the parts car i am going to be pulling the motor out of today has air cond and i dont need the block off plate its your if ya want it. couple bucks and shipping?

works for me, how much you want and can i get pics?

thinner not flat on one side!?! for strength?

well i have some extra, imma look in a few. i bought it at an antique mall for 10 bucks, was just scrap, but i knew i could use it for this kinda thing.....i'll post pics of what i have in a few....working on valve cover still.....