My Parts 710

datzenmike

Well the plan it to get all the stuff off it and haul it away before bad weather strikes. I want my goon and sedan in the driveway proper and under cover. The '77 has no front end or rear axle and is in the way. Actually there's tons of stuff inside it. I'll have to clean it out. I don't need the 3 speed auto but never hurts to have three of them right? It was easier to lift them out together anyway. I drove this home from Vancouver two? years ago? next spring? I forget.

So today I yanked the motor/tranny out.

engineout004Large.jpg

So this is interesting. I've never seen or heard of this before on a Nissan. Usually the automatic has a two piece engine plate between the motor and tranny so you can take the bottom off to get at the torque converter bolts. This way the torque converter separates away from the motor and stays with the transmission. So check this out....

engineout001Large.jpg

It's a one piece plate but has a hole with a rubber plug so you can reach in for the torque converter bolts.

Friggin' engine is spotlessssss!!!!

engineout008Large.jpg

engineout009Large.jpg

Will drag the motor and trans away and store.

engineout005Large.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well the parts goon is pretty much stripped now. Have to get the scrappers to come get the shell. Pulled the windshield, side glass 4 doors and tailgate off today. Moved all the other stuff that I stored in it away. Need the space by the house for my girls for the winter. Be nice to be able to get into the back yard too.

77710clearout001Large.jpg

77710clearout002Large.jpg

They are dented and/or thin or eroded with rust I saved the amber lenses.

Fuck I even cut the rear springs off.... if I shorten them I can double up the bottom ones throw out an upper one on the sedan. This should stiffen and lower it. If not I have chunk of box aluminum for drop blocks. Damn this has been blocking the driveway for over a year.

I notice it has a white interior... any chance that the grab handles above the doors are in okay condition? I only need the white plastic covers that go over the ends of the handles.