1973 Oldsmobile Omega. Sleeper

Let me start off with the fact that I don't have pictures yet. I don't even have the car. I'm bringing it home with me when leave Virginia.

It's a 1973 Oldsmobile Omega 4 door with a rocket 350. I didn't even get a good look at it. All I know is I offered the guy a price and he told me he'd take 1/3 of that offer.

It looks like this-

_MG_8485.jpg

_MG_8483.jpg

_MG_8487.jpg

_MG_8489.jpg

The Omega is a rebranded Nova with better trim, different bumpers, etc.

And a Rocket 350 :thumbup:

The one I'm buying is the same color, same hubcaps, same condition. ~30k miles. Two owners.

"Should" run. Gonna need carb rebuild, brakes, tires, nothing with rubber....

It's a good contrast to my Datsun pickup!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!! I've heard a lot about these lately, i'm anxious to see her! :thumbup:

Can't wait to pick it up! It's probably going to be a flip but I'll hang on to it long enough to enjoy it and restore to the best of my a ability. I always say that but sometimes they never make it out of my driveway :rofl:

It's in too good of condition to mess with it.

Been in a few 350 Olds and the 2bbl Oldsmobile made Rocket 350 is a torque monster. Built for hauling heavy ass land barges this should go pretty good in a Nova size car.

Absolutely! I think he said it had the 4bbl. Which is good cause the 4bbl gets better gas mileage as long as you only use half of it lol. I didn't even ask if it had the 4 speed or auto. Probably auto though. 3 speed hydra glide if I'm not mistaken. A worthy proven trans for a classic v8. My dad had a 71 cutlass with the 350/4bbl and it was a monster. The rocket 455 is only for people who have the balls to drive them. Plenty of rocket 455 cars in my family history :D

Easy to remember:

Nova

Omega

Ventura

Apollo

I would predict yours is a 2bbl with a TH350. The Olds V8s were under appreciated torque generators. I never understood why they never found their way into GM's light truck lines.

Holy shit!

That's Genius! :rofl:

rocket 350 and 455 are both under appreciated engines.

Gotta remember how few oldsmobiles were made compared to other gm cars.

50/50 chance on it being a 2 barrel

I got a 750 double pumper at the shop if i need it lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...