engine bay clean out

datson4life

thanks but i have everything i need except the line which i will be getting soon, and tomorrow morning i will get a set of engine brackets and my electronic distributor comes in :hyper:    and i will take off oil pump and prime it, and hopefully have a better day, maybe i can start engine if i have enough time tomorrow, thanks everybody, all the info has sure helped, this is my 1st real build, and nobody is really telling me what to do or what not to do, except my dad a little

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you live in a warm climate I would not worry about it. If you live where you go ove ra mountain pass in the winter or get near freezing when raining the carb may ice up

I run sidedraft milunis and I had mine pluged with pipe plugs. its nicer doing intake swaps and not wworry about the water spilling all over the place and leaks.

You could find a extra water hose that comes off the water intake on the pas side where the fuel pump used to be and plug it with a bolt. and try using that. If you want to run the water line then you have to drill I say 1/4 hole in the center of the gasket when you mount it up on the head. 1/4 is good enough. I know they were bigger but its enough water to pass thu.

soem people say run the water passage some dont its up to you.it might help atomize the fuel better ect......mpg.....

hopefully you timed this motor and dist/ oil pump and Cam to TDC

watch the vid

you can run the points coil and the ballast as like stock. with A MATCHBOX. BUT YOU WONT GET THE FULL OUTPUT OF A EI coil.

You just put B of matchbox to the blk/ wht wire going to the input of the ballast resisitor.

C goes to the - side coil.

You can remove the stock point - side wire off. best to labol in case you fuck up soemthing.

If you got the 200sx dist make sure its a complete set with base/pedastal and timming plate.

I am not a mind reader of what you have in there right now. L 16s dist are different. clocking ect so best to put the mpotor on TDC take note , see if dist spindal in in the 11.15 1128 position then install the dizzy lock it down and where it locks down that will be # 1 and 1 3 4 2 counter clock wise fire order.

I don't give these out very often; as a mater of fact this is my first. For your valiant efforts and just reward, you get the pyramid of joy and hapiness. Well done Sir, well done. Bwahahaha!!!

:hyper:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Probably all messed up LOL (my pyramid that is).

i havent seen your truck since last years datsloco meet, so i havent seen it with the new wheel and tire set up, will u be in san leandro this saturday?

I don't give these out very often; as a mater of fact this is my first. For your valiant efforts and just reward, you get the pyramid of joy and hapiness. Well done Sir, well done. Bwahahaha!!!

:hyper:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Probably all messed up LOL (my pyramid that is).