engine bay clean out

datson4life

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did you fix your brakes? probably not enough free play between the master cylinder and the pedal, the rear compensating ports are partly covered because the piston is always pushed slightly, this will cause pressure to build up in the master and your brakes gradulally lock over time 

thats on my list, i have an electronic and a block off plate, but the one i bought i didnt bother installing, couple buddies had the same one and they said it died pretty quick, bought this one at oreillys, im not a big fan on online shopping but its happening litle by little cause in modesto our auto parts stores arent that cool

I would recommend and electronic fuel pump if you can't find a good mechanical and use factory WIX brand fuel filters...Monument ususally has them.

ill look into that, they are starting to lock up again, replaced a broken spring but i guess theres more to it, gotta go disks up front hopefully this year, thanks for the info

did you fix your brakes? probably not enough free play between the master cylinder and the pedal, the rear compensating ports are partly covered because the piston is always pushed slightly, this will cause pressure to build up in the master and your brakes gradulally lock over time 

You gotta hit the oldskools....Napa, Monument. They got the goods.

Online is cool because you can research, research and research on the part then research, research and research on the price and finally after about 15 GREAT salesman-less  purchases have to deal with trying to return something LOL. Easier to resell sometimes.

That dude at San Leandro that had all those KA / SR headers kits by the food trucks was saying just about his whole car was built off Ebay and Amazon. I can see it now AMABAY RACING.

nothing wrong with the stock fuel pumps. or even the aftermarket ones.

eleltric you need to find a power source that is switchable. and then need a regulator for about 3 pounds pressure.

if your filter is getting dirty its not cause of the cheap O riley filter. 521 get lots of dirt in the tank cause the fuel hose is in the wheelwheel and the clap is getting loose and dirt water leaks down in there and rots out the tank.

I used the fram fuel filter and maybe andd another in line cleear generic plastic one. if good I use the stock only only but change them more often than say a 510 as a 510 the tank is inside and not out in the weather.

brakes you tighten them up. if stick in back the axle seal might be bad. Up front the piston could be getting dirty and stciky there. yes ck the springs

I have a 521 and my brakes are fine. disc are nice esp if one drives OVER the speed limit all the time

thanks for the info, yea im realizing napa parts a better quality than autozone, but autozone gives me a point everytime i spend more than 20 bucks :hmm:

another con is napa is next to the police station and my exhaust is really loud, and the buildings there amplify the sound, so they dont like that, i will get rid of obnoxious exhaust in a few weeks, love the low rpm sound but after 2.5k rpm its honda annoying :poop:

look online for facet pumps, they are basically old school style diaphram pumps, one of the few still made, the only difference is they replaced the internal contact points with electronics, they also have a built in filter.

these are an oldskool favorite amongst the dub-heads.

every few weeks the 1st fuse on the left blows, whats that fuse for?

my gas guage went down when it blew the fuse, and its not charging right without that fuse

just replaced the fuse and new one blew when i started the truck

sorry for using the word fuse so much

Sounds like short to ground or an over amperage issue Carlos. Take the wire (s) off the fuse box (past the fuse), run a continuity check between ground and these wires. If it rings, you have a direct short, if it doesn't, replace wire to fuse block and keep moving down the line until you find your problem.