engine bay clean out

datson4life

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is a yellow with a black line because it is a 1980 720 wiring harness, but the diagram for the 521 says yellow with a white line.

DSCN2083.JPG

I just went out and looked at my 1971 datsun 521 work truck, it seems to have a solid yellow wire, easy way to check would be to have someone ground the wire out and see if the temp gauge goes to full.

• Like 1

CAM00479_zps5868e70c.jpg

CAM00483_zpsd43914a5.jpg

CAM00497_zps0af19147.jpg

CAM00489_zps2125a1e6.jpg

so the only mods to make ka fit was a 3/4 inch spacer under engine mount on passenger side, crossmember,centerlink clear up, and transmission bolted right up to my old transmission mount, i did switch the old 5 spd tranny mounts into ka transmission, bolted right up, the clutch cylinder bolted right up. i did have to shorten driveline a couple inches and went with a one piece that clears nicely (as shown in pics), the only real mods were getting a radiator to work, ill post pics of that later, i went with a 1980 rx7 3 row aluminum radiator, all in all full swap was around $1300, 300 out of my pocket and around 1,000 from datsun parts and old l16 engine and tranny i sold, not bad

so basically i can go back to l16 anyday

• Like 4

A super fat thank you to all the valley fellas i called up when i got stuck on something, gino (datsloco) , mark (blackmarkit) , eli (goats521) , carlos (konig209) , Keogh , all the ratsun fellas and and hug and a kiss for icehouse's can am box, thanks tanker for tge pressure u gave me to hurry up and a thanks if i missed anybody, im sure i did forgive my adhd

• Like 1

Very Very nice,i got to step it up.So were is the truck at the exhaust shop,and what are you going with 2.5 or 2.25 diameter.Also your front grill area, paint in side there all black it would look clean,its cheap and will look good.And i don't care what any one says i really love the orange.Very Very nice.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

• Like 1