The Queen Bee

SlottedMagz

so ive been a member here for a minute and havent properly introduced myself My name is adam im 18 and my first car was this orange hunk of pure sexy 1973 240z the car is in pretty good condish but it will still need alot of tlc and plenty of bengimans to get it to where i want it to be.

so first off my plan is to get the car back to original condishon then ill start adding the personal touches and mods that i want on it with the exception of a few personal touches like rims and shifter courtesy of blueridgespeed and cl72wagon respectivly.

pics or oics as ive seen is popular

20120825_194734.jpg

20120825_194711.jpg

20120905_194108.jpg

20120913_204431.jpg

20120913_204404.jpg

20120913_204352.jpg

20120913_204346.jpg

20120913_204337.jpg

20120913_204320.jpg

20120913_204419.jpg

20120913_204426.jpg

20120913_204409.jpg

20120913_224542.jpg

oh shit i forgot to post some pics for an other member ill be back

as of right now i know i need a header, gas tank, floorpans frame rails. not much but wtf im a newbular newbster.

i got the header and a full set of engine gaskets in the mail today from z car source. The brand on them is pace setter never heard of them has any one hear? they look way better than the old one

Edited by SlottedMagz
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun :lol: ;)

add fusebox to the list if you haven't :lol: (no really)

Very clean zcar man ... and looks like it's been taken care of .. nice !!!

Love the old slotted-mag's myself :lol: (have them on mine as well)

Pacesetter brand is good !

I like your direction. If you're going to restore the sucker

I would do it a piece at a time (small) and do not move on until each piece/small or large task is complete !

People run into trouble ripping the car bare-boned , and not being able to finish/afford what they thought it would. ( exception to pro's obviously )

A simple rule for project's. Take what you think things will cost and time it by 2-3x lol ( no really ).

You probably are aware of all this though.

In my old age(lol) I've come to REALLY appreciate the stock form of s30's (minus the huge f$#%#% bumpers on 260-280z's and a couple of other small things lol)

I love flares and wheels that fit them as well.

Just simply put = nearly all of them are cool :lol:

I look forward to seeing update's :)

thanks dtp fender flares and side rear louvers are other things that ive wanted since i got the car

fuse box now on th list :thumbup:

as for its up keep i have all the papers for its regular maintence up till 1979 when i was told it was garged till febuary of this year when i bought it

there are some major issues one being a soft punch would put a huge hole through the floorpans :poop:

the other being this july while i was still driving it a little i was filling it up and when i finish i hang the nozzel back on its thing and i hear a sound like water fallng i look all around unworried then out of my eye i see a puudle under my car crouch down and the 50 bucks of gas i just pumped in it were flowing out damn gas tank :rofl:

as for taking it one step at a time i strongly agree but as my expensis are minimul i find myself spending most of my money on it gladly and my pay checks are practicaly gone the day i get them which reminds me i get payed tomorow time to buy floorpans

as for the tank are there any options for an upgrade on the cheaper side or should i get it more permanintly fixed

so im sitting here trying to get the valve gasket off and its been like 20 min or so and so far ive got three small ass chunks off smaller than a sqaure centimeter and was wondering you guys get them off.

just so you know im not trying to get it off in chunks there just pulling free while the rest doesnt budge and im using a putty knife

thanks

Could have been worse if you were using a razor blade when you slipped, I guess.

I've actually heard that if you get cut with a sharp blade, it's better in the long run because it won't tear up the skin as much. It's easier to stitch up and heal too. Doctors like nice, clean wounds. Sharp blades also make work easier which reduces slipping and cutting yourself resulting from a blade snagging on something and being forced to power through it.

This is all assuming you're not handling a box knife in your bare hands.