The Queen Bee

SlottedMagz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does anybody know what i use to plug that hole in the header should i just go buy something to block it up with?

I had a pace setter header on a d-21 once that had an extra bunghole in it. The local hardware store didn't have a threaded plug to install in the hole so I ended up buying a freeze plug the same size as the hole and tapped it in with a mallet. Never had a moments problem out of it. Of course it wasn't in the direct flow of the exhaust. Pace setter headers are pretty good from my experience. Nice car

• Like 1

So my i was talking to my boss the other day about the z and he was 18 (my age) in 73 and really wanted one but he told me they weren't easy to get they basically sold immediately and for above sticker so he never got one. but any who he wanted to see it and what i was fixing what was wrong and give advice ect. so we where looking at it and he asked what i was going to do with the hole in the header i told him i couldn't find the right size/thread (as tater). all the local hardware stores between me and work as well as a local auto parts shop i frequent with my best friend whos buddys with them and we chat and spend lots of cheddar their they even will find us parts when we cant so needless to say we're all pretty tight. they where sold out and it was around 2 weeks before they got the next shipment of hardware. back to the story at hand i told my boss this and he just nodded and we finished talking i went back to working on some odds and ends and today near the end of work today when i was cleaning up the job site and finishing up putting tools away i came down and out to smoke a butt before i went home and my boss and joel my forman where talking mark had a big paper bag with numbers on it when he saw me he called me over and gave me the bag and said one of those is bound to fit i looked in and there were a bunch of bolts and other misc hardware just to have incase so i asked how much it cost and he said dont worry about it. my boss is THE boss.... like a boss

also i got some esthetic pieces one being a sick ass shifter form the cl72wagon

20120928_193618.jpg

20120928_193655.jpg

20120928_194034.jpg

20120928_194046.jpg

20120928_194110.jpg

the other being a steering wheel from some new member ive dickishly forgoten his name (will fix this later)

20120929_210125.jpg

if you need want a new shifter for your datsun get one of cl's billet shifters they have nice heft and fit the palm of your hand really nice. if you dont need want a new shifter get one anyway :ninja: B)

• 4 months later...

So not a real update but I talked to my mechanic today, and after having to push the z aside for more urgent jobs the pans and other small rust issues should be addressed soon. So I'll be damned if it isn't on the road by spring.

Also I'm goin to buy a go pro so I can break in the still new tires as soon as the welding is done

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I bought it from the first owner and in the two years before I bought it the entire engine, drive line, and brakes had been redone. Then the economy hit him and it had to go. I just have to make her mine and let her sleep in the winter!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...