DATSUN BAY AREA FUN RUN!!!!!!! JULY 14TH

Datsloco

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be planning a caravan. There's a guy in Santa Cruz right off Ocean St. that is planning on coming and meeting us South Bay/East Bay/anyone up Hwy 101. I'll give more details on when and where we'll be meeting up. 

THIS FUN RUN WILL BE A BLAST!!

We got any southbay peeps headed up? wanna meet up, caravan?

Anyone from North of the GGB going??

We can meet in San Rafael and caravan in......

I was thinking of the McyD's in Terra Linda right off the freeway.....easy off, easy on.

190 Merrydale Rd, San Rafael, CA

8:00ish

Sorry guys...didn't realize we were meeting in S.F. at 10.....

.....9ish @ McyD's.......

.....I'll be rolling out at 9:20a.m. to head into S.F.

• Like 1

I will be at Genos for breakfast  :poke:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Just kidding we will meet at your house Geno we are in for the whole run 

Alright Dattos guys!! For anyone in the South Bay(anything south or around San Jose) we'll be meeting at a Chevron Gas Station right off the Hwy 101 at 8AM plenty of time to hang out early. It's convenient for those coming from lovely Santa Cruz as its right off 17/880Hwy. Note: There will be more stops added along the 101 Highway for the peeps in Mountain View and East Bay off the San Mateo Bridge.

ADDRESS:
Chevron Station
680 Commercial Street
San Jose, CA 95112
Time: 8:00Am!!

Second meeting spot, for the Mountain View area.
Place: 7-Eleven
1380 Pear Ave.
Mountain View, CA 94043
Time: 8:10AM.

3rd stop.

Place:Telecenter Appliance & TV

1830 S Delaware St, San Mateo, CA 94402

Time:8:30Am

Please use the same channel as last time.. My radio isn't as techy as yours.. I was able to use mine thru the entire trip on the last sf fun run...

For the Mountain View area. The meeting spot will be at the 7-eleven off shoreline at 8:10AM Hector will be there in his 68' RHD so we'll swing by and scoop you guys up.

Place: 7-Eleven

1380 Pear Ave.

Mountain View, CA 94043

Time: 8:10AM.

Hey Gus, a suggestion for a meeting place in San Mateo. Telecenter Appliance & TV, 1830 S. Delaware St. It's right at 101 AND 92, less than 5 min off 101 from the south, and less tahn 5 min to get back on to 101 north. The East bay participants can easily access this location. Take the Delaware turnoff 92, and the Telecenter parking lot is just to the right off the cloverleaf.

Here's a link to googlke maps for the location. Let me know if this is doable and we'll meet there. Thanks!

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=telecenter&fb=1&gl=us&hq=telecenter&hnear=0x808f9e60efa95545:0xfd8efcf42dcc1ba7,San+Mateo,+CA&cid=0,0,14951209812236554216&ei=hcjhUaybKqmlyAHn-YCgBw&ved=0CLEBEPwSMAA

Any ideas on pit stop areas??

Any ideas or byob

I've been up and down this coast line a thousand times.........but never stopped for food or gas along that stretch.....

Any ideas on pit stop areas??

Any ideas or byob

I've been up and down this coast line a thousand times.........but never stopped for food or gas along that stretch.....

we will be stopping a few times for restroom breaks,gas,pics and food. there is a Mexican spot called el gran amigo near moss beach, we will eat lunch there and gas up.

San Francisco Cruise/ Fun Run 7/14/13 Notes

Start: Terry Francois Blvd (meeting point)

Follow Embarcadero Street through all the piers

Embarcadero to Jefferson

First Photo Op: Jefferson & Hyde Corner (Use train platform).

Follow Hyde and turn right onto Beach.

Follow Beach and turn left to Polk (one block) then right to North Point.

Right to Bay St – Right to Laguna St- Then Left to Marina Blvd.

Second Photo Op (If not busy): Marina Green Parking (Line up in the back parking lane)

Follow Marina Blvd to Mason St to Mason Blvd/ Marine Dr (Circle back to Mason Blvd).

From Mason Blvd, Find Crissy Field Ave Make right up the hill to Lincoln Blvd.

From Lincoln Blvd, find Long Ave, Make a right (Watch for tourist). Down to Marine Drive.

Third Photo Op: Follow Marine Dr to the end – Fort Point. Circle around parking, if possible

take pics.

Back to Marine Dr to Long Ave. Go up Long Ave watch for tourists. Make a right on Lincoln

Blvd.

Follow Lincoln Blvd to Bowley St. Make a right on Gibson Rd. Go Down to Baker Beach.

Fourth Photo Op: Go around Baker Beach parking. Line up so Golden Gate Br is on the

background. This will also be a Bathroom Stop. Use Beach area restrooms.

Go back to Gibson Rd. Make a right on Bowley St.

Fifth Photo Op (Maybe/ Possible): Line up on Bowley St Parking area.

Exit Bowley St Parking and make a right back onto Lincoln Blvd.

Follow Lincoln Blvd onto El Camino del Mar. Follow El Camino del Mar to Legion of Honor.

At Legion of Honor, follow 34th Ave cross Clement St. to Geary Blvd.

Follow Geary Blvd (will turn to Point Lobos Ave) to the end – Cliff House. This turns to Great

Hwy or Hwy 1.

Follow Great Hwy to Daily city Hwy 35. Follow Hwy 35 and find Fort Funston/ Golden Gate

National Rec Area and turn right.

Go through Fort Funston Rec Area Parking area and take pictures of Gliders. Go around back

to Hwy 35 driving towards Daily City.

Pass Daily City and find Hwy 1. Get on to Hwy 1 heading south towards Pacifica.

**While driving south Hwy 1 (Cabrillo Hwy) you will find the new tunnel. Slow down and let

everyone catch up and go in through the tunnel as a group. Hopefully we can take some

pictures while driving through the tunnel. **

After driving through the tunnel (Hwy 1) towards Half Moon bay find “El Gran Amigo” taco/

burrito eating place. El Gran Amigo is across the Police station. There is also a store if anyone

needs any supplies. On the same side, find Chevron Station and gas up! This is also a

restroom stop.

Sixth Picture Op: Line up in front of El Gran Amigo parking lot. Stage Up and take Pictures.

Continue on Hwy 1 heading south towards Half Moon bay. Drive through Half Moon bay and

continue to head south.

Continue driving on Hwy 1 south, pass Purisima Creek Rd, continue and pass Verde Rd.

After Verde Rd (approx 1 mile), slow down and find Tunitas Creek Rd. Tunitas does not have a

street sign. Instead look for a white sign “Potrero farms”. Turn Left.

Gather all the group at Tunitas Creek Rd. Take Pictures and provide some instructions.

a) We are going up through Tunitas Creek Rd- Stay on the Right.

B) Watch the Road! Sections are gravily and uneven. Watch out for Deers!

c) This is not a drive fast road.

d) We will drive at a conservative pace but will slow down in a lot of sections.

e) Watch out for oncoming traffic!

f) Watch out for cyclist, blind corners, and trees at beginning of some corners!

Tunitas will go up to Skyline Blvd. Remember to slow down at the consecutive uneven“S”

curves. Skyline comes up quick. Will need time to stop all the group in time.

Go across Skyline to King Mountain Rd. Follow same instructions as Tunitas. Remember to

save your brakes on the downhill close ratio “tear drop” corners.

Drive down on King Mountain Rd to Woodside Rd (84) make a left. This will take you to

“280”. Slow down and park on the parking on the right just before 280. This is officially the

end of the Run.

Those returning to Central Valley can continue as a group on 84 to 101 and cross on Dumbarton

Bridge. We can continue on Decoto Rd to Alvarado-Niles Rd to 680. On 680 go up to

Vallecitos Rd to Livermore. Then to Concannon Rd to Tesla into Tracy.

• Like 3

we will be stopping a few times for restroom breaks,gas,pics and food. there is a Mexican spot called el gran amigo near moss beach, we will eat lunch there and gas up.

I used to live in Moss Beach, and ate at that restaurant every chance I got.  Sounds like this event will triple the population of the town.

• Like 1

Hey Gus, a suggestion for a meeting place in San Mateo. Telecenter Appliance & TV, 1830 S. Delaware St. It's right at 101 AND 92, less than 5 min off 101 from the south, and less tahn 5 min to get back on to 101 north. The East bay participants can easily access this location. Take the Delaware turnoff 92, and the Telecenter parking lot is just to the right off the cloverleaf.

Here's a link to googlke maps for the location. Let me know if this is doable and we'll meet there. Thanks!

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=telecenter&fb=1&gl=us&hq=telecenter&hnear=0x808f9e60efa95545:0xfd8efcf42dcc1ba7,San+Mateo,+CA&cid=0,0,14951209812236554216&ei=hcjhUaybKqmlyAHn-YCgBw&ved=0CLEBEPwSMAA

Sounds perfect so around 8:30Am.

Please use the same channel as last time.. My radio isn't as techy as yours.. I was able to use mine thru the entire trip on the last sf fun run...

you have to remind us what channel that was it was to long ago  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: