Olympus Rally, Olympia WA

HRH

So who's all planning to attend the Olympus Rally? About 78 entrants last I checked, including Ken Block of course. Should be a blast. I'm hoping I didn't wait too long to get a campsite reservation at the Mason County Fairgrounds. Similar to Canby, $20/night. Anyway, probably heading over around the 20th-21st, leaving the 24th.

Heading out from Spokane, on vaca. If anyone wants to caravan from Spokane that would be totally sweet too! I don't really have a set agenda yet. Probably going to visit the national park a bit on Thurs. There is a welcome party at Griot's Garage in Tacoma that day, but I might miss that and just catch the rest of Fri preliminary stuff, and the actual race on Sat/Sun.

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went and stood in the forrest before pretty cool if u get a good spot plus the pits are super lax and u can stand next ken block and Travis p. or did ..... My buddy is still but hurt Travis wouldn't sign a autograph for him.....in all fairness his car was about to leave with out him

Meh. I handed Ken Block's co-driver his time card at the flying finish when the Olympus Rally was run in Pomeroy when they couldn't get the road access on the other side of the state. Still would like to actually meet Ken Block, but I'm good with that. Don't need an autograph to be happy.

theres alot of people who have car parts signed by drivers....i know of a beat up wrx with a travis autograph on the center console....the other day i saw a white audi wagon with a passenger out side mirror signed by travis...i just went for the sideways and the air.....Those dudes get hounded by everyone....cool enough to just watch them get ready to go balls to the wall through the forest

Well suck a big fatty. They closed spectating on the stage roads due to fire danger, a request from the landowner. I can see why, but wtf is the point of a rally if you can't watch it??!!! There's only one special stage in the motorsports park that will allow spectating. One freakin' stage. Seriously disappointed.

So are you still going, or no? That same shit happened at the Olympics boardercross in BC because they didn't have any snow along the sides of the course, so they canceled all of the tickets that were outside of the grandstands. Super huge shitshow.... That's going to be a shitton of people on one stage that would usually be spread out along the rally course. Sounds like it will be interesting, to say the least :huh:

Yeah the boys were all put out a while ago that the woods ( the good parts ) have been gated, for fire danger.. If i have one more jacked up truck / suv parked in my yard ,,, with an idiot teenager wondering what to do with themselves because of this,, im calling my god damn legislator..

Old school pizza in Olympia is pretty cool and they sell by the slice so it`s pretty cheap and you can try a couple different types..Map makes it look kinda hard to find but it`s just a little ways off the freeway.

...Trust me i'm a cheap fat guy.. :lol:

http://goo.gl/maps/uNMOT

On your way there, stop a couple blocks up the street at the place where they restore MOPARs ,,there`s always cool shit you can see through the windows..And BTW it was the old NAPA store ( Spoon automotive ) before they moved out by the automall,, because the car dealers that used to be downtown moved out there.

Rocket Restorations.

http://goo.gl/maps/cWtol

I'm heading out tomorrow morning some time. Rather late I should already be asleep. Not quite sure what time I'm actually going to get on the road. But I'm heading down to Olympia and then heading over to the coast if I'm early enough or just heading to Shelton, WA for the stage. It starts at 6:40, but I'm going to try and be there at 5-5:30 so I can get a place to watch and have a spot to park. Think it's $10 for parking at the event, though spectating is free at The Ridge Motorsports complex.

I'll pm you my number in case we can meet up.