eliminating goat heads and puncture vine?

anyone know How do you get rid of puncture vine in gravel? I cant get on the side of my house where parts are stored because i get goat heads all in the bottom of my shoe. and i track the crap in and get em in my bare feet in the house. the hole side of my house is goat heads basically so i dont just need to eliminate the plants I need to get rid of the millions of rogue seeds. I guess a torch? I wonder how the home owners association would feel about that lol

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty much you're screwed.There isn't anything I know of that will kill them. Also the seeds can wait/last years before they grow a new plant. The best way that I have found out is to pull them before they get seeds and just stay on top of it. I have to do this at one of my side jobs. I have been pulling them there for a few years. This year there hasn't been to many. You can try some major kill all since they are in gravel but I am pretty sure it will be a waste of money.

Put on some Carhartts, some goggles and whack them down. Bag them up. Mix up some SEVINS ground sterilizer. Spray it on when you know there wont be any rain for a few days. This will indeed sterilize the ground for 5 years, not letting anything grow, so make sure you dont spray in the wind and get it anywhere you don't want it to.

well, thought only to exist in the hellish desert of southern arizona, it seams the foul beast has been spread to the serene and fruitful land of golden spuds and sugarbeets. god help you children of simplot, god help you.

what's next? gila monsters & horny toads? maybe some trigger happy, atv riding border patrol? ooh how about some out of state hunters with a temporary license to kill and act like DB's.

try landscaping cloth then more gravel.