is a L20B worth it?

Dude its Robert

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a '71 in the late '70s and swapped in a car L20B. Probably a bit faster through the gears but most of all I liked the increased torque at lower speeds that the L16 couldn't give. It was lots of fun.

If I were you Id enjoy the L20B and do some minor build ups. Drive the truck for a while and learn all you can about slipping a KA24E and transmission in. This is not for beginners.

I had a '71 in the late '70s and swapped in a car L20B. Probably a bit faster through the gears but most of all I liked the increased torque at lower speeds that the L16 couldn't give. It was lots of fun.

If I were you Id enjoy the L20B and do some minor build ups. Drive the truck for a while and learn all you can about slipping a KA24E and transmission in. This is not for beginners.

I agree with datzenmike, just drive the shit out of it for now, and later when the funds are available, and you have a better idea of the available options, then dive into the conversion process.

Im a student with a part time job so money is a little tight.

If this is your only vehicle buy soem good toola and keep them in the truck, volt meter

a in car volt meter device and get a eleltronic ignition conversion or a Matchbox ignition. Reliability will go way up.

new batt cables.

grease the drive line and front kingpins ck the oil trans ,swapp new antifreeze.

do all these and see how you like spending money.