usa 620 exported to japan

Burabuda

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine sold his truck to an export company out of L.A. They made him the best offer and away it went. It was a customized Chevy Luv...It was featured in Truckin years ago...He redid it then decided to sell but he wanted alot of cash. The exporter answered his add payed almost what he was asking. Stuck it in a crate and he never saw it again....Mark actually watched him put it in a crate, with a Full size Chevy pickup....Crazy shit, they like American stuff...American Ratrods are real big over there right now, like it is in the U.S. ...So go buy some American Rotrod cars and export them and make some dough...

WHite is what it looked like when he sold it, Pink is his first build of it...

165696420-M.jpg

165696345-M.jpg

Hey Dave,

I think I took a shot of that LUV before it was painted pink. By the way, what month and year in Truckin' was that feature in? Your photocopies were mailed Friday.

the 5 lug in the front prolly can be put on from a 300zx. i know 280zx and 300 zx shared the same spindle size, as for on a truck ive never really wanted to or cared. i prolly should try and line the 2 up side by side for anyone who cares.

I am not saying that they havent been modived. But remember they have adapter kits oout there now to make 6 to 5 lug pattern...But without seeing the trucks couldnt tell ya.. I know that I go to alot of Mini truck shows and see alot of 6 to 5 lug conversions and most of them are adapters..You see some every once in awhile that have been re-drilled or a custom spindle change...

And Steroid the feature shot of that Pink Luv was December 1987 Truckin Magazine..And it was Pink before it was white. He retired it for about 5 years built an old school Toyota I think it was a 78.if you look hard you can see it in front of the white version. Dont have pics of it though. Then decided to redo the Luv. Basically all he did was repaint and put Porsche 928 rims on. He didnt mess with the interior much...

I have lots of the truck when it was pink. But I think that is the only one I have of it in white...I will have to dig it up but I have the Japenese Lowrider Magazine that has the truck on a used car lot in Japan..It pretty crazy I actually sent it to mark. the owner/builder.. He was a good guy hung with him many the times at Mini truck shows in the late 80s early 90s...

What did you have back in those days....the Hardbody?? Because we use to hit So .Cal shows 3 or 4 times a year back in that era...I had a Suzuki Samurai, a full down up Mazda, w. chrome weds...And a 620..Never took the 620 down to cali...

Untitled-35.jpg

Untitled-31.jpg

Untitled-32.jpg

Wait!!!!!! Don't let that blue plate fool You!! First off, it was a REAR plate. See the DMV stickers??? Next, that plate is WAY too LOW for a kingcab. My first truck, sold in 1974, was California 26 015 T . That plate is LOWER than that. A kingcab would have, by then, had a California plate somewhat like 1A23456. They started with the "1A" plates about 1976 or 1977. My plate on My kingcab, which was a 1977, was California 1F24473. So that plate is incorrect for that truck. They really like to put California plates on their vehicles. Since going through all of My Japanese magazines, I have seen quite a few photos of that trend. I just found a picture of a truck with California TRAILER plates on the front!!

Wait!!!!!! Don't let that blue plate fool You!! First off, it was a REAR plate. See the DMV stickers??? Next, that plate is WAY too LOW for a kingcab. My first truck, sold in 1974, was California 26 015 T . That plate is LOWER than that. A kingcab would have, by then, had a California plate somewhat like 1A23456. They started with the "1A" plates about 1976 or 1977. My plate on My kingcab, which was a 1977, was California 1F24473. So that plate is incorrect for that truck. They really like to put California plates on their vehicles. Since going through all of My Japanese magazines, I have seen quite a few photos of that trend. I just found a picture of a truck with California TRAILER plates on the front!!

Atleast with oregon plates its a bit easier.

We do the same thing over here using their random japanese plates.

True. I have been trying like crazy to purchase a Japanese plate. When I visited Japan 2 years ago, I wanted to get one there and was told by two sources "don't get caught with any in Your suitcase". They are very strict about vehicle registration I guess.