Doty (Deal of the year)

skyblue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ck the lower hose to make sure its not soft and collapseing under load.

1)also whats the deal with the light relay and funky wires goin in back of wire wall.?  maybe clean that up as it look pretty much stock beside these 2 issues

2)Id this a funcky elelctronic ignition box by the coil also. Unilite?

With the help of triple240z we determined that its not running hot it's just the sensor is putting out false readings.

1. Those are for a push button start the previous owner installed. I think the relay is for that. It's not the bet looking. I will definitely clean it up.

2. The previous owner also installed some weird looking coil apartus. It's got shit all around it. It's hideous for sure. I want to get a matchbox dizzy and coil for it. But for now it works great.

• 2 weeks later...

got new mirrors. took some time trying to make them work, but with triples240z's help got them to work.

null_zps994c2603.jpg

null_zps91f2ac63.jpg

And some more pics of the lows

null_zpsb5c8f723.jpg

null_zps5fdc8fa7.jpg

And this one is for tristin. if anyone can make reproduction stickers of these i'm in

null_zpsdd6603e5.jpg

And this one is for tristin. if anyone can make reproduction stickers of these i'm in

Awesome! Were there any on top of the air cleaner? I feel like theres a crescent shaped one on top too... Ive got a guy that might be able to make repros.  

Ok, I got a lot done this weekend.

As triple pointed out above, I gave her a tune-up:

Autloite's had to go.

null_zpsf65f76a9.jpg

New wires, plugs, cap, rotor, fuel filter

null_zpsec23bd09.jpg

null_zpsbf39c901.jpg

And I lowered the rear about 3 in. just cut some coils. I know i know, you shouldn't cut coils, but it's ratsun.

null_zpsbe2da85e.jpg

null_zps0fb605ad.jpg

null_zps6b4807bf.jpg

Now I gotta go moar lower up front. time to shorten the spare struts i have. :thumbup:

Also, replaced all the old cracked brake hoses and bled the entire brake system. Pretty much ready for canby. But one last thing i'd like to do is replace the drive shaft u-joints cause the lowering has made the car vibrate a bit at 50 mph. but easy fix.

totally stoked to have a lowered 510 again. the thumbs up have increased exponentially since then. :thumbup:

Canby was a blast! Made it there and back with no issues! Went through 3 quarts of oil but that was It. So proud if the old girl. She is getting an L20 and a 5 speed for next year. Should be plenty of time to get'er dun.

The proof:

null_zpsb9ee933b.jpg