Anyone here dabbled in stock trading?

again-people dont trust the market for properties. dictated by those who ruined everything else. those renters have disposable income-as do those who have made it over the wave of the property crash (which hasnt bottomed yet....) hence-the ability to OWN something other than paper..............

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and hey-who has the nice orange 280z with the early front bumper and later light blue 280z with no bumpers and a fart can near eugene airport???? saw them after getting gas in our rental on airport road-my son took pics and loved the orange one............

Good question! I dunno if I've seen them.

thats exactly the way i feel right now......if u can buy a house or something to live in nows the time....

Just bought a house.. Locked in the 3's and it's even lower now.. if you got the cash... BUY BUY BUY

I would love to buy another if I could.. I can't swing it though. At least not now.

again-people dont trust the market for properties. dictated by those who ruined everything else. those renters have disposable income-as do those who have made it over the wave of the property crash (which hasnt bottomed yet....) hence-the ability to OWN something other than paper..............

your getting to worked up ... property is safe if u buy right and right now its buy right everywhere...fuck i thought when i signed at 4.75 i was the shit ... then it kept going down...thas awesome draker congrats...

your getting to worked up ... property is safe if u buy right and right now its buy right everywhere...fuck i thought when i signed at 4.75 i was the shit ... then it kept going down...thas awesome draker congrats...

Thanks! Althought.. I thought I was the shit at 3.8% Now it's 3.45%!! Oh well!

I have 2 friends that have been roommates for over 12 years. The stupid fuckers rent. They could easily qualify for a loan and be partners in a property. Never rule this out. I don't care how young you are. You gotta live somewhere. Real estate is the real deal.

They have NOT purchased a property. They are not gay. They are just roommates (separate bedrooms). One makes about 80k a year and the other 40k. They are throwing their money away on rent. I can not stress the importance of owning a house enough. Or townhouse/condo. Whatever you can afford. It can always be used as a stepping stone into your future dream house.

Rustina, do you do any market analysis or do you base your entry points of news and future releases alone?

Most of my best returns have been new product speculation, I see a good popular product... I wait for it to lose its new fresh buy me smell. Buy the co stock at the lowest price and wait for the new line to come out. Ie iPad. Ipad2 I phone 2, ps2, ps3, Xbox 360, psp, bioware games "2 1/2 years before I new the new star wars mmo game was released, my longest investment and it didn't do as well as I hoped but still made 2500$ after Taxs from only 800$"

Ea games.

My main research is in the products I love. I have been playing games and into tech products for 20+ years so I know how the line is normally released.

Take Mac for instance. Once you see the new I product have a drop in price. That is normally the time to look at their stock because if they are dropping prices, that normally means they. Are 10 months to 1 year away from a new release and they are dropping the price to get rid of old product stockpile

This works for almost any product sold in the world. If you know the markets release trend then it's all about timing and just like genesis said. But low and sell high.

I played with stocks in school (not real stocks just fake stuff to get a feel for it)

we started with $100 and I bought on margin.. lol..

I lost $100,000 in a minute (cause we were simulating the great depression)

Stupid US steel.. lol..

I wish I understood trading, stocks blah blah blah

Now after some people read this. When they see a add or a post at best buy "clearance" or reduced price. You will think about this "hmm, I wonder what is replacing that or what's coming out next" that is when your starting to think like a profitable trader for new product spec.

Think what if that new thing gets a second product line. Ie blue tooth. It took them a long time to catch on but by the third common line came out they finally caught the publics eye and are still selling well by multple tech companies. If I would have bought into that and held it for 4 years like I should have I might be retired right now.

My problem is that I'm always too careful. Just a few thousand is normally my max. I have to protect my life style and I'm to chicken shit to go all in even I I know it's going to do well.

I used to be alot more aggressive before I had my twin boys. And almost all my work, money. Time. Love goes into them. They are my riskiest and also my best investment I'll ever have so making them smile is expensive but totally worth every penny or % I can provide.

Quik tip. Sony. Ps4 look it up and look at their common stock pricing for the last 12 months. Almost flat my best bet says 8-10 months. Maybe one year before the new ps4 comes out. No later than Xmas 2013. Looks like its time to buy in and wait

I played with stocks in school (not real stocks just fake stuff to get a feel for it)

we started with $100 and I bought on margin.. lol..

I lost $100,000 in a minute (cause we were simulating the great depression)

Stupid US steel.. lol..

I wish I understood trading, stocks blah blah blah

That's just it. You don't really have to understand all about trading. You just have to get the hang of buying and selling, then follow the things your into and figure out the pattern of how they sale new items.

Almost like jump rope. The rope is about to hit the floor so you jump "buy", then when the rope is high in the air put your feet back on the ground "sale"

I'll say it a thousand times. It's all about timing

That's just it. You don't really have to understand all about trading. You just have to get the hang of buying and selling, then follow the things your into and figure out the pattern of how they sale new items.

Almost like jump rope. The rope is about to hit the floor so you jump "buy", then when the rope is high in the air put your feet back on the ground "sale"

I'll say it a thousand times. It's all about timing

I Assume there is a broker that sells you the stocks?

Or do you buy/sell yourself? I get the idea of stocks, just not the buying and selling process.. Like who buys your stock? other people? then what if no one buys it?

Lol no offense but it would take a long post to explain. Google stock trading for beginners. It will better explain how it work with out any flaming or sarcasm

But but but

I like the sarcasm!!

Lol none taken!! I should of done that in the first place :lol:

I put 12k In Sunbeam stock 1.5 yrs later they went bankrupt

Sounds like a bad time! But that's why they say diversify!! Don't put all your eggs in one basket....I hope that 12k was just part of your 100k you invested?

I have "dabbled" in stocks. This is what I have learned, and heard, and it may not be 100 % accurate. Your results may vary.

If you work for a company that has an employee stock purchase plan, do it. My company's plan allowed is to purchase stock at 15% below market price, and the price was set at the beginning and end of the calendar year. Even if the stock was priced higher on December 31, we could purchase the stock at 15% below the January 1 price. If the price of the stock went up in the year, that resulted in a pretty good discount.

The value of a stock is only what somebody else thinks it is. No more, no less.

The price of is only important at two times. When you buy it, and when you sell it. It does not matter what happens in between those two times. Any other time the price is meaningless.

Stock brokers are in business for themselves. They make money on commissions on the sale of stock. It is in their interest to get you to buy and sell stock, even if it does not benefit you.

Stock is a long term investment. Short term trading will more likely help stock brokers, than you.

Obviously, you have to be careful on stock you buy. I have done good with stock in Precision Castparts Corp, but lost my tail on Lucent Technologies. You can look up Precision, symbol is PCP. Do not bother to look up Lucent, it is no longer listed