Ratsun Paint colors

Hey everyone, I am building an AWD 240z track car and have decided to paint it the same as the Ratsun logo car. I believe it is based on the old spitfires fighter planes, am I right? Wondering if anyone has actually done this amazing looking paint? and what color codes and methodes such as rivits ect was used?

Any links to actual cars would be great, any advice would be great too, I am a ways from paint but want to get as much info as possible.

thanks

jayDSC02813.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually designed after a P40 Warhawk, with inspiration from the Flying Tigers [AVF, American Volunteer Forces, later drafted in as the 14th Air Force when USA joined WW2 in progress]. A little British RAF inspiration can be seen in the red tongue used by RAF in North Africa, the original Nationalist Chineese planes didn't have the red tongue.

• Like 1

Skib did a goon with that paint scheme...not a whole lot of pics in this thread though :confused:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/16026-skib-joins-the-goon-squad/page__hl__streetfighter__st__280

Another one with rivets was nukedays rooskie 510 :)

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/19270-510/page__st__160__hl__+nukeday%20+rivets?do=findComment&comment=311937

You are then using the not default, Ratsun old theme (changeable at the bottom from the "change theme" button). Doesnt really matter which you use, but I would 99% of Ratsun uses the one where they can see the car above.

The old car disappeared when they changed the site a few months ago. I didn't change themes, still have the default blue theme.

Except it isnt default, your cookies just happened to not get triggered correctly. There is a reason your theme is called "Ratsun Old Browser" and not "Ratsun"

Say what? My theme is and has been on "Ratsun". It was on "automatic". I have not tried "Ratsun Old Browser" -- is that what you are recommending?

Then you have something messed up. Because you should be seeing the banner at the top with the rat'n'wrenches to the left, and the street fighter 510 2dr on the right, it has the purpleish wood grain esque background.

Try switching to Ratsun Old Browser and then back.

The top should look like it has for the last 4 years before the software/host change.

Say what? My theme is and has been on "Ratsun". It was on "automatic". I have not tried "Ratsun Old Browser" -- is that what you are recommending?

Update your browser .... .. sounds like your using some old Internet Explorer like me .... :lol:

I tried old Firefox,, and all the pictures are %30 bigger/faster to load .... and the Streetfighter was back .... still using IE7 though :lol:

Update your browser .... .. sounds like your using some old Internet Explorer like me .... :lol:

I tried old Firefox,, and all the pictures are %30 bigger/faster to load .... and the Streetfighter was back .... still using IE7 though :lol:

Why in the world are you using IE7? That has to be one of the worst browsers on the planet that people still use. First would be IE6... I can understand IE8 or 9, but those require newer OS's. So I would suggest switching to Chrome or Opera. I love Firefox, but it is the most likely to crash.

Its like when someone asks you what car they should get, there is the car you would get, and then there is the car you would actually recommend, knowing they are not a car person.

I'm using IE 8 with Window XP. Something is wrong with Ratsun. Everytime they "update" the site problems start.

Laecaon, how can you possibly know what most people are seeing? You don't even know that IE8 does not require new versions of Windows.

It's like asking people what car they should get and saying "not a 510, that's old".

I'm using IE 8 with Window XP. Something is wrong with Ratsun. Everytime they "update" the site problems start.

Laecaon, how can you possibly know what most people are seeing? You don't even know that IE8 does not require new versions of Windows.

It's like asking people what car they should get and saying "not a 510, that's old".

The site hasnt updated in for a few weeks, and all is smooth sailing, I see know problems.

IE8 only works on SP2 and SP3 of XP. IE9 doesnt work on XP at all. And I didnt say IE8 doesnt work on XP... I still wouldnt use IE8. IE9 is perfectly reasonable now.

I would never ever ever tell my sister to get a 510. Its nothing to do with how old, or what features, its what happens when the points start acting funny when she is at the beach type thing. She can cut hair really well, but cant change her oil. I would be a dick brother to have her drive a 510.

And finally I said not recommending certain cars to say, I dont recommend Firefox for most people as there are more reliable options out there.

• Like 1

If you get the exhaust coming out the fenders like the warhawks you win.

lol

I love WWII planes..

mmmm Wildcat, Corsair, P51, ME262, YAK9,.... MMMM WWII

And the P38 Aerocobra! The Russians actually flew more of them than USA and GB combined. They used the 30mm cannon version and made head-on "suicide" runs at King Cobra tanks. Cobra vs cobra. The plane usually won.

The oddest was the Japanese Shinden, an Ass Forward pusher plane.

And the P38 Aerocobra! The Russians actually flew more of them than USA and GB combined. They used the 30mm cannon version and made head-on "suicide" runs at King Cobra tanks. Cobra vs cobra. The plane usually won.

The oddest was the Japanese Shinden, an Ass Forward pusher plane.

I forgot about the shinden!!

What about the p38 lightning!! Or the ratt/ land kreuzer (not a plane, but a super tank!!)

It had a big ass cross continental canon!

Lol

Speaking of kamkazis.. The Mitsu Zero!!