1970 red 4dr auto (Time Capsule )nice runner driver 62k ?

Hi this is Brad in So Cal (Alleycatgarage Whittier) My cust brought me this car sat since 1998 in storage, I repaired a little ,installed new plugs and fresh gas ect. and it starts and runs pretty good shows 62k miles and may be due to pedal wear is light, anyway paint in trunk shines and very little f,.fender and small rear rust, all wood panels behind seat and shelf almost intact, anyway I am getting a key made today ,again a driver project comes with straight L.f. fender to install or I may end up doing it ,needs fuel filler neck in trunk also.Anyway guy said to sell it for,2500$ or best- a little much but a complete straight car driver ,call (562)696-5995 we can 100_2118.jpgeven put on lift and look at floors.100_2131.jpg100_2116.jpg100_2180.jpg100_2184.jpg100_2181.jpg100_2185.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats not a bs offer, this is a 510 not a toyota gt2000. 1800 is a fair price.

You clearly didn't factor in the location. Normal price(0.01 (cali² x condition of car)) where cali = 1 through 10 depending on how far south it is. 1 being furthest north, 10 being mexico border. Condition 1 through 10, 1 being a bucket and 10 being a show car.

In this case. 1800(0.01(8² x 5)) = $5760

So, I'd say the price he's asking is pretty good leaving room to haggle. B)

You know what they say money talks ,and not my car, I'm selling for a buddy who said try to sell for 2500,(he also has a 2dr- I said to sell and keep nicer 4dr) and could be a nice car after detail shop gets it, I may buff paint and try and re-paint fender close ,really if serious you would call ,people always ask what you want for something even though they have no money , why ? to see what you will take then no purchase .I do not e-mail with CL. cust. it's call only.

You clearly didn't factor in the location. Normal price(0.01 (cali² x condition of car)) where cali = 1 through 10 depending on how far south it is. 1 being furthest north, 10 being mexico border. Condition 1 through 10, 1 being a bucket and 10 being a show car.

FUCK CALIFORNIA.

Yeah I hate California also after I lived up north for four years ,but cars here and az are the best for little RUST,anyway I am considering Pay Pal to allow someone to buy it on a credit card ,please call and we can talk about it ,and make an offer,as is or road worthy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hows 1500 sound

Hows 1800 the way it sits without any other parts

Well let your customer know I have 1800 cash and a trailor to pick up. you can again leave the car the way it sits becasue paint dont matter when it hits the walnut blasting booth.

This ain't E-Bay!!! And it sure as hell ain't an auction. Read the posting rules for buyers. If you're going to low ball the guy do it privately with a p/m. Then he can ignore it.

• Like 2
2eDeYe' timestamp='1342559731' post='721016']

Or you could call the number like the man said.

The best part is that the phone number was in the first post.

It's (562) 696-5995.

C'mon people!

Good luck with the sale, Brad. I think it's a reasonable starting point. I hope it goes to a good home!

thats not a bs offer, this is a 510 not a toyota gt2000. 1800 is a fair price.

Well let your customer know I have 1800 cash and a trailor to pick up. you can again leave the car the way it sits becasue paint dont matter when it hits the walnut blasting booth.

i use walnut in my blast shack too.... very forgiving to a datto and a little moe time consuming but still prefered method anymore...

The best part is that the phone number was in the first post.

It's (562) 696-5995.

C'mon people!

Good luck with the sale, Brad. I think it's a reasonable starting point. I hope it goes to a good home!

I've called a few times.. no answer.

this is the owner of this Red 4dr. 510. I live in Owens Valley, California. If your serious about an offer, Give Brad or myself a call. I live 4 hours north of L.A. I'm willing to help transport if necessary. I will be heading to L.A. this thursday. August 2.

Let me know. Thanks Cecil (909) 973-5726

Draker,can you go a bit more in depth on how this equation came to be?

im very interested.

(Apologize for going off main subject)

Draker,can you go a bit more in depth on how this equation came to be?

im very interested.

(Apologize for going off main subject)

It was just a play on how asking prices seem to be higher in California than in Oregon or Washington. Something I came up with on the fly to try and justify how these asking prices come about.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.