720 door ringer question..???

SHORTDOG

Hey guys, the truck i bought doesn't have the door ringers (the bell that rings when the door is open) hooked up and i have already locked my keys in my truck because the ringer wasn't ringing so i thought my keys were out of the ignition.....needless to say that i don't want that happening anytime soon, so do any of you guys know where i can look to hook it back up??

Is there a fuse for this? confused.gif

Is there a plug that may be disconnected? confused.gif

Maybe the door switch went bad?? confused.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks guys! cool.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These all make sense.

Draker - The lights only come on when i open the drivers side door...not the passenger side.

Red Banner - There are some plugs unplugged under the left side of the dash but someone told me that these were for an anoyying sensor and that i should leave it unplugged.

ggzilla - Where can i find this "Chime box" so i can check to see if it is unplugged??

You guys are also forgetting the switch inside the ignition switch that is closed only when the key is in it.

It is powered by the 5th fuse over from the left side. The switch inside the ignition switch has Green (power) and a Green/Black stripe wires going to it. The Green/Black wire goes to the chime. A Black/Green stripe wire goes from the chime to the left side door switch and to ground. For the chime to work the key must be in the ignition when the door is opened.

The chime does not signal that the interior light is on only that the key is in the ignition when the door is opened.

You guys are also forgetting the switch inside the ignition switch that is closed only when the key is in it.

It is powered by the 5th fuse over from the left side. The switch inside the ignition switch has Green (power) and a Green/Black stripe wires going to it. The Green/Black wire goes to the chime. A Black/Green stripe wire goes from the chime to the left side door switch and to ground. For the chime to work the key must be in the ignition when the door is opened.

The chime does not signal that the interior light is on only that the key is in the ignition when the door is opened.

I have looked real hard, and my "1982 datsun pick-up(diesel engine)" wiring harness diagram doesn't show what your talking about, and it is a big one(3 feet X 6 feet), so it's easy for an old fart like me to read.

I have seen them wires coming off the ign. switch, but have never had the wires connected, as there are no extra wires in my harness to connect to.

I have looked real hard, and my "1982 datsun pick-up(diesel engine)" wiring harness diagram doesn't show what your talking about, and it is a big one(3 feet X 6 feet), so it's easy for an old fart like me to read.

I have seen them wires coming off the ign. switch, but have never had the wires connected, as there are no extra wires in my harness to connect to.

Here a pic... the black/green wire goes all the way to the door switch. The green/black leads to the wires next to the Ignition switch Connector.

IMG_5634a.jpg